GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

MY23 changes

Massimo 2323

Drag Racing Champion
My23 production will start week 25 (20 June) and changes to the configurator and website will appear in early June.

Changes that i am aware of are the following:
New standard specification:
- U9E: Increased charging performance for Usb-c ports in the front and rear for all Golf 8.
- 6C2: Side airbag in front with curtain airbag and centre airbag in front - Life and Style trims
- 79H - Lane change assist with RTA and exit warning replaces 7Y1 - Lane change assist (Style and Performance Golf trims)
- Centre consolle will be implemented in high gloss instead of matt for all Golf 8.
IMG_2630.jpg
- Changes to the armrest and door insert materials.
IMG_2633.jpg
- For the Style model the Stromgrey interior changes to "part" trim Stormgrey.
IMG_2631.jpg
- WJA: GTI performance pack for GTI Clubsport
- GTI Logos in the backrest (Fabric and leather seats) and red seams in steering wheel.
IMG_2632.jpg

daveb15

Ready to race!
Thanks, not sure I like the change to leatherette armrests. Always find cloth more comfortable.

Last edited:

adam2231

Passed Driver's Ed
Love the fact they are adding GTI to the headrest, not so keen on the high gloss (or what I am assuming to be piano black) on the centre console.

Massimo 2323

Drag Racing Champion
So my Golf 8 came with the 7Y1 Side Assist with the Rear Traffic Alert but not the Exit Warning.
The Exit Warning is part of the code 79H. In the UK 79H will replace 7Y1 with the My23 Golf 8.
It seems in other countries 79H was available since the end of 2020.

daveb15

Ready to race!
So my Golf 8 came with the 7Y1 Side Assist with the Rear Traffic Alert but not the Exit Warning.
The Exit Warning is part of the code 79H. In the UK 79H will replace 7Y1 with the My23 Golf 8.
It seems in other countries 79H was available since the end of 2020.
Strange.

Massimo 2323

Drag Racing Champion
The part code for the new USB ports with extra power (Installed on My23 Golf 8) is:
Front USB port Part: 5NA035700
Rear USB port Part: 2G6035718
Also the infotainment system Part number in the My23 Golf 8 changes to 816K or 816L for Discovery Pro and 820K or 820L for Discovery Media.
Still waiting for the part number for the piano black centre consolle.

tos

Go Kart Newbie
Lots of fingerprints on piano black console :ROFLMAO:

Attachments

• VW-Golf-R-20-Years-Edition-00008-1.jpg
    VW-Golf-R-20-Years-Edition-00008-1.jpg
    390.6 KB · Views: 411

SRGTD

Autocross Newbie
Lots of fingerprints on piano black console :ROFLMAO:
Yes, not to mention glossy piano black trim is a magnet for dust, swirl marks and scratches - especially in high contact areas like the centre console.