GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Mk8 Orders

SRGTD

Autocross Newbie
Shouldn't believe everything you read on forums. Mercedes is actively taking orders and so are BMW. They both seem to be coping much better than VW in terms of their lead times as well.
Agree, but that information was from a source I would trust - a long standing forum member who is former sales manager with many years experience at a large VW group of dealerships and who now works for one of the large vehicle leasing companies. They have a wealth of knowledge of the (vehicle sales and leasing) market, and due to the number of vehicles that leasing companies order, they are likely to get early notification from vehicle manufacturers of changes in their production plans.

If Mercedes and BMW are still taking orders, maybe it’s vehicle production due to supply chain issues rather than order taking that‘s temporarily stopped. Alternatively, maybe lease companies who’re ordering significant vehicle volumes get informed before individual Mercedes / BMW dealers (lots of ifs, buts and maybes).

VW were taking customer orders at times when they didn’t have - and maybe still don’t have - sufficient supplies of certain components (e.g. semiconductors, wiring harnesses) to fulfil those customer orders. That’s one of the main factors for many customers - including members on this forum - experiencing very long waiting times.

Last edited:
Does anyone know if the R line has the fake engine sound inside like the more performance golfs do?
Especially with the individual driving mode?

Ciccina2016

so despite my order being on build confirmed (order status 20) , it is now delayed and the dealer does not know how long it is going to be delayed.

All cars produced in Wolfsburg are being delayed.

F*%%% nightmare.. ordered July 2021!

Last edited:

GMan22

Ready to race!
so despite my order being on build confirmed ( 20) , it is now delayed and the dealer does not know how long it is going to be delayed.

All cars produced in Wolfsburg are being delayed.

F*%%% nightmare.. ordered July 2021!
My confirmed build week was 17, haven’t heard a thing 🤦‍♂️

• Wow
Reactions: wwo

GMan22

Ready to race!
Same buddy

week 17 also for me
Yeah bud it sucks. My dealer said she is keeping an eye out for the chassis number which they get once it’s complete but nothing yet. Seems confirmed build dates don’t give much security in the process anymore

Genegenie

Drag Race Newbie
So a pal checked VW UK site looking at new Golf 8's and reports the Golf, and quite a few VWs in fact, are only available with DSG gearbox :confused:. If so then I'm likely in my last new Golf, as I just do not get on with auto or DSG gearboxes. To be honest I find them a bit frightening, I don't trust them as you don't have precise control when creeping slowly to park or in tight spaces....

GMan22

Ready to race!
99F3F4E5-B918-4177-A261-F8A8E5B592DB.jpeg

This is from the VW UK site for a Golf 8 style, i can still see the manual options

Golfbat

Paid a visit to the dealer this weekend. No info at all on when the car might be built. Said realistically some time q1 next year.

Long story short, we cancelled the order and bought an ex-demo ID.4 instead.

Good luck to everyone with open orders. Hope you get your cars soon.

adam2231

Passed Driver's Ed
Paid a visit to the dealer this weekend. No info at all on when the car might be built. Said realistically some time q1 next year.

Long story short, we cancelled the order and bought an ex-demo ID.4 instead.

Good luck to everyone with open orders. Hope you get your cars soon.
When did you order your Golf originally?