GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

GPS position is out of sync

tos

Go Kart Newbie
This was started about 3 weeks after 1896 OTA update.
It did it once before and software was 1803.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/x2bAZU8s2UWNv8DH6

See videos from google photos link.

1655139310285.png

If OBD11 shows only 1-2 tracked satellite, position is calculated by driving speed and steering wheel angle...

M|W

I have experienced something similar 3-4 times starting about a month ago. eTSI Style from 2020 running software 1810 since January. It received about 5 small updates around the same time, but impossible to say whether one of them caused it.

Saturday, the SOS unit broke down. A new one was ordered ordered today. But that is probably unrelated.

AndyCYM

Passed Driver's Ed
Mine makes location mistakes frequently. It thinks I've left a motorway when I haven't, causes ACC speed to drop to 40mph, could be the same issue?

Reactions: tos

tos

Go Kart Newbie
Mine makes location mistakes frequently. It thinks I've left a motorway when I haven't, causes ACC speed to drop to 40mph, could be the same issue?
My car did this after it going wrong road. It uses map data for acc speed...

What I have found:
- GPS antenna is connected to navigation via network
- Phone (sos unit/OCU?) uses the antenna and sending info to nav

Someone had same problem and they replace roof antenna.

EMK8

My car did this after it going wrong road. It uses map data for acc speed...

What I have found:
- GPS antenna is connected to navigation via network
- Phone (sos unit/OCU?) uses the antenna and sending info to nav

Someone had same problem and they replace roof antenna.
Did you end up getting this fixed?

Just took mine in to have it looked at for SOS error, lane keep assist error and the same issue with the GPS.

They have diagnosed the issue as a problem with the steering wheel and have ordered a new one. Said it should arrive in 2-3 weeks. Will update if this fixes the issue.

tos

Go Kart Newbie
Yes, they changed the roof antenna by warranty. Everything works fine for now.

ErWin (TPI 2062747/7) info says that they must change the steering wheel if there are some specific fault codes like: B17B8F2, U133E00 and some more...
This TPI are updated, and I dont have the latest one.