GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

RC Car and racing

Subliminal

Autocross Champion
I had an RC truck about 17 years ago when I was a kid and today youtube recommended me an RC championship race video... and now I have 10 tabs open for different RC cars (found this thread by googling "vw gti rc race car" 😂 ). Apparently there's a nice track here in town too

avenali312

Autocross Champion
I have dipped in and out of R/C over the years. I'll randomly pick up something new (usually used and only if it's a good deal).

Tamiya TT01R
- Still a brushed setup, but running a separate Lipo cutoff so I could get some more run time. I do have a Castle brushless system sitting on my desk to throw in here (though it's been sitting there for a year haha).

Associated RC18T Factory Team
- Fun little car. It used to have a nicer Reedy motor in it until I burned it up trying to run 1/10 touring car wheels and tires on it.

Duratrax 835B
- Picked this up to try out nitro. Runs really well even considering I'm still learning how to tune the engine properly.

DrFunkalupicus

Autocross Champion
I have really gotten in to crawlers as of late. Turns out driving slow can be fun lol.

Javwohl

Autocross Champion
It’s been awhile since I’ve been in to rc cars but wanting to get back found a guy on Craigslist who has two complete hpi racing super rs4s with remotes and a bunch of extra parts engines haven’t ran in years but for 150 I’m having a hard time finding excuses not to purchase since the stuff looks new.

Last edited:

DrFunkalupicus

Autocross Champion
Are those nitro or electric?

DrFunkalupicus

Autocross Champion
It’s been awhile since I’ve been in to rc cars but wanting to get back found a guy on Craigslist who has two complete hpi racing super rs4s with remotes and a bunch of extra parts engines haven’t ran in years but for 150 I’m having a hard time finding excuses not to purchase since the stuff looks new.
Did you end up getting them?

Javwohl

Autocross Champion
Did you end up getting them?
No I haven’t pulled the trigger on them yet. Was going to and there still available but ended up finding a crack in one of my wheels so I have to go out and buy a new set of wheels and tires which I planned to do for a winter set up anyways. But ended up doing it a few months earlier. Working a lot of over time so I might still pick them up just don’t have any room to store them either but I really do want them and I tend to impulse spend.

Javwohl

Autocross Champion
Just looked again was going to maybe pick them up but they were gone so must be I waited to long all well something else will come along.
My biggest gripe with new nitro kits is the all are ready to run when I first got into rc cars back in early 2000s if it wasn’t a kit I had to build I wouldn’t even consider buying it.

brat_burner

Autocross Champion
Just looked again was going to maybe pick them up but they were gone so must be I waited to long all well something else will come along.
My biggest gripe with new nitro kits is the all are ready to run when I first got into rc cars back in early 2000s if it wasn’t a kit I had to build I wouldn’t even consider buying it.
Where are you looking at kits?

DrFunkalupicus

Autocross Champion
Here are some of my crawlers
567C03E8-69EF-471E-9CEA-BBA8276E2C71.jpeg
E4E932FC-7B2E-4D57-A38E-23A3EA8BE06D.jpeg

DrFunkalupicus

Autocross Champion
I am right there with you. When I got back in to the hobby last November, I noticed that kits aren't as prevalent. I would say that my collection right now is a 50/50 split of kit vs RTR. I try to get the kits when I can since I love to build them. The blue Jeep (SCX 10.30 and the grey pick up (Traxxas TRX 4 Sport) are both kits and the Bronco (Traxxas TRX 4) I picked up in a trade.

Javwohl

Autocross Champion
I am right there with you. When I got back in to the hobby last November, I noticed that kits aren't as prevalent. I would say that my collection right now is a 50/50 split of kit vs RTR. I try to get the kits when I can since I love to build them. The blue Jeep (SCX 10.30 and the grey pick up (Traxxas TRX 4 Sport) are both kits and the Bronco (Traxxas TRX 4) I picked up in a trade.
I’ve always been partial to hpi racing had a super rs4 with a c5 r body the a rs4 3 ss. With a trans am body then I got a savage ss then a firestorm which was my only rtr and non 4wd one. But I need to start looking other places always heard good things about traxxas and team losi but back when I was doing it they offer few nitro powered ones and lost there stuff was rtr.

Javwohl

Autocross Champion
I would like to get into the crawlers but they be like my third car after my street then monster truck but I really need more space my place is so small now most my room is filled with my tools and have my jack sitting in the kitchen.