GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Anyone else mining

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
Old man yeller banking on gold. Gold is more to pacify a mental piece of mind. Like insurance. Gold can potentially do well against hyper inflation, but against inflation meh
I didn't lose money this year. You down 40%?

Subliminal

Autocross Champion
If you invested two years ago from today you'd still have over a 100% return. Has your gold earned you that much in two years?

You haven't even earned enough to lose 40% and still have profit :ROFLMAO:

JC_451

Autocross Champion
For a normal person, you cannot possibly hold enough gold to make up for taking a 10-30% haircut on your 401k.

torga

Autocross Champion
I'm down a whole fuck ton 'cause my 401k/IRA are fairly aggressive right now, but I'm also a long ways away from needing the money. I'm not too worried, they're just numbers on a screen right now. I did buy a few bonds this year, Series I bonds are paying 9.62% for the next 6 months.

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
For a normal person, you cannot possibly hold enough gold to make up for taking a 10-30% haircut on your 401k.
If you moved when dow was 35k-36k, there's nothing to make up. And 36 to 30 isn't 30% by my math, but I'm just a simple old man clutching his gold. 🤣🤣🤣

How do you make up a 40% loss in crypto? Just curious.

Daks

Autocross Champion
I don't sell stuff I buy. I buy and hold for the long term. In the short term, yes, I am down. In the long term I am up. Most of my investments are tied up in a privately owned firm, that's been performing very well for a long time. I'm OK. Most of us here will be ok. I'm just sad about how this is going to be resolved. North American governments are scaling back demand by jacking up rates. They're essentially going to be fighting inflation with unemployment.

IanCH

Autocross Champion
I moved to bonds and gold in January, so doing pretty damn well🤷‍♂️
That sweet sweet 2% return

1655490373902.png

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
I don't sell stuff I buy. I buy and hold for the long term. In the short term, yes, I am down. In the long term I am up. Most of my investments are tied up in a privately owned firm, that's been performing very well for a long time. I'm OK. Most of us here will be ok. I'm just sad about how this is going to be resolved. North American governments are scaling back demand by jacking up rates. They're essentially going to be fighting inflation with unemployment.
For the last 6 months we had a labor shortage, that was getting worse due to boomers exiting the building in one way or another.

Subliminal

Autocross Champion
How do you make up a 40% loss in crypto? Just curious.
If you invested in Bitcoin two years ago from today your ROI right now would be over 100%.
If you invested in Ethereum two years ago from today your ROI right now would be over 400%.
How long will gold and bonds take to earn you that much?

And that's if you're late to the party and investing in 2020.

So what 40% loss?

Daks

Autocross Champion
For the last 6 months we had a labor shortage, that was getting worse due to boomers exiting the building in one way or another.
Labour shortage at what skill and what jobs though? The economy is not as rosy as it is being painted to be. A lot of this is pent up demand due to the pandemic and lock downs finally being eased. My call is q1 of 2023 is going to be an absolute shit show. Worse than 2008.

Subliminal

Autocross Champion
Imagine thinking you're smarter than everyone else because you made your first investment 5 months ago into gold and bonds :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
Labour shortage at what skill and what jobs though? The economy is not as rosy as it is being painted to be. A lot of this is pent up demand due to the pandemic and lock downs finally being eased. My call is q1 of 2023 is going to be an absolute shit show. Worse than 2008.
So there's pent up demand, which is going to lead to recession? How does that work?

And the labor shortage is across the board, almost evey sector. Are you seeing different?

We're have a hard time hiring tech workers, nurses, doctors, registration clerks, house keeping. Literally across the board.

Daks

Autocross Champion
So there's pent up demand, which is going to lead to recession? How does that work?

And the labor shortage is across the board, almost evey sector. Are you seeing different?

We're have a hard time hiring tech workers, nurses, doctors, registration clerks, house keeping. Literally across the board.
We have too much money chasing too few goods. Rates are getting jacked up on order to try and curb inflation. Lots of people took out loans and purchased homes with variable rates due to record low borrowing cost, during the pandemic. Rates have gone up very fast, cutting into people's ability to spend, as their cost to maintain loans has gone up. Less disposable income means less bars, less tvs, less everything. When people spend less, economy shrinks. Economy shrinks unemployment grows.

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
We have too much money chasing too few goods. Rates are getting jacked up on order to try and curb inflation. Lots of people took out loans and purchased homes with variable rates due to record low borrowing cost, during the pandemic. Rates have gone up very fast, cutting into people's ability to spend, as their cost to maintain loans has gone up. Less disposable income means less bars, less tvs, less everything. When people spend less, economy shrinks. Economy shrinks unemployment grows.
You're assuming similar levels is variable rate mortgages to 2008, which isn't the case, and you're ignoring the historic structural labor shortage we're facing.

And this isn't a surprise. We've known a structure labor shortage was coming. The 07 recession slowed it, pandemic accelerated it, but it was always coming.