GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

MY23 changes

adam2231

Passed Driver's Ed
1654788542697.png

Are GTI's also getting the new silver interior? In Poland the configurator is showing the changes already

SRGTD

Autocross Newbie
View attachment 251888
Are GTI's also getting the new silver interior? In Poland the configurator is showing the changes already
Not as far as I’m aware it isn’t. The UK configurator shows the GTI interior with Black Metal Chrome inserts on the dashboard and in the doors. Historically, VW are notorious for errors and omissions in their product information - I’ve known some vehicles in the configurator to be shown with the wrong steering wheel and no gear selector - just a ‘black hole’ where the gear selector should be.

Here a screen shot of the GTI interior from the UK configurator;
CEFDAA1B-5138-4A07-8743-2FD6D9AB5642.jpeg

And here’s a screenshot from the ‘interior equipment‘ list for the GTI showing Black Metal Chrome inserts;
636BEF85-7B38-4761-B562-1BFFD8631A80.jpeg

adam2231

Passed Driver's Ed
Not as far as I’m aware it isn’t. The UK configurator shows the GTI interior with Black Metal Chrome inserts on the dashboard and in the doors. Historically, VW are notorious for errors and omissions in their product information - I’ve known some vehicles in the configurator to be shown with the wrong steering wheel and no gear selector - just a ‘black hole’ where the gear selector should be.

Here a screen shot of the GTI interior from the UK configurator;View attachment 252139
And here’s a screenshot from the ‘interior equipment‘ list for the GTI showing Black Metal Chrome inserts;
View attachment 252141
Thats interesting because our configurator is showing the '23 model year changes. Including the GTI stitched seats in the preview pics. But not the red stitched seams. So you're probably right that its just not accurate at the moment.

I guess its something to look out for in the coming months. I hope VW haven't further cheaped out and went with a plastic grey trim line. I was digging the black honeycomb look.

SRGTD

Autocross Newbie
Thats interesting because our configurator is showing the '23 model year changes. Including the GTI stitched seats in the preview pics. But not the red stitched seams. So you're probably right that its just not accurate at the moment.

I guess its something to look out for in the coming months. I hope VW haven't further cheaped out and went with a plastic grey trim line. I was digging the black honeycomb look.
Both the GTI and GTi Clubsport interior images on the UK version of the configurator now also show the silver coloured insert across the dashboard and in the front doors, although the description is still Decorative inserts ‘Black Metal Chrome’ in dash and front door panels.

So on the basis that the images in both the Polish and UK configurators have the silver trim, it looks as if that’s what MY23 GTI’s will be getting and VW may have overlooked updating the description under ‘standard equipment‘ in the UK configurator 🤔.

m4in

Go Kart Newbie
GTE in the configurator now shows the same silver/grey piece, while the description states black chrome. Sadly, our car will have those changes, not keen on it. Can already tell that i'm going to hate the piano black, i'd like to see the grey piece in person first before i make my mind up - could work, might not depending on the quality.

Not happy, though, especially since we only get those changes because we're already waiting for over half a year on delivery and still are nowhere near the end of it (ordered last Nov, estimated BW45 atm, was 26, 34, 48 and now 45). Harumph.

That said, i do prefer the centre arm rest in leatherette - on a particular sweaty day, it's easier to wipe off the leatherette than shop vac it because it soaked. Not quite sure on the changes to the door bins though, did they remove the liner, or switch material of it? Or did i misread something entirely?

adam2231

Passed Driver's Ed
GTE in the configurator now shows the same silver/grey piece, while the description states black chrome. Sadly, our car will have those changes, not keen on it. Can already tell that i'm going to hate the piano black, i'd like to see the grey piece in person first before i make my mind up - could work, might not depending on the quality.

Not happy, though, especially since we only get those changes because we're already waiting for over half a year on delivery and still are nowhere near the end of it (ordered last Nov, estimated BW45 atm, was 26, 34, 48 and now 45). Harumph.

That said, i do prefer the centre arm rest in leatherette - on a particular sweaty day, it's easier to wipe off the leatherette than shop vac it because it soaked. Not quite sure on the changes to the door bins though, did they remove the liner, or switch material of it? Or did i misread something entirely?
I completely don't get why they'd make the centre console piano black. Now there is literally no place to hold and store keys in the car. And if you do store keys in the centre console its just going to get completely scratched up.

m4in

Go Kart Newbie
The "reasonable amount" (as in, little around the screens etc) of piano black was one of the reasons why we liked the interior in the first place. Everyone just plasters that crap everywhere nowadays and it appears the Golf followed suit.

Massimo 2323

Drag Racing Champion
According to the online VW Manual with a Vin from My23 these Golf 8 will come with the new Assisted Lane Change function as described from the manual:
“When you set a convenience turn signal, the vehicle can perform assisted lane changing on multi-lane motorways within the system limits if sufficient space has been detected surrounding the vehicle.
Assisted lane changing uses the same sensors as the lane change system (Side Assist). You should therefore read the information on Side Assist carefully and observe the system limits and warnings listed there.”
It seems that to avail of this assistant you will need the following:
Travel Assist, Side assist, Park assist, DSG and Discovery Media(7UT) or Pro(7UG).

Attachments

• Assisted Lane Changing A .pdf
    2.4 MB · Views: 172
Last edited:

Dhiller007

According to the online VW Manual with a Vin from My23 these Golf 8 will come with the new Assisted Lane Change function as described from the manual:
“When you set a convenience turn signal, the vehicle can perform assisted lane changing on multi-lane motorways within the system limits if sufficient space has been detected surrounding the vehicle.
Assisted lane changing uses the same sensors as the lane change system (Side Assist). You should therefore read the information on Side Assist carefully and observe the system limits and warnings listed there.”
It seems that to avail of this assistant you will need the following:
Travel Assist, Side assist, Park assist, DSG and Discovery Media(7UT) or Pro(7UG).
So this means if you have a golf 8 from 2021 with all of the features listeded above you wil also get the lane change option with a update ?

Massimo 2323

Drag Racing Champion
So this means if you have a golf 8 from 2021 with all of the features listeded above you wil also get the lane change option with a update ?
That's a good question. All I know it will be available to My23 Golf 8. For earlier models it depends If VW decide to update the control units involved. Maybe they will add it in the shop? It's anyone's guess....

Massimo 2323

Drag Racing Champion
Here are the part numbers (Uk/Ireland RHD) for the glossy black consolle area:
5H2864263C-GOG (Cover centre consolle DSG Area)
5H2864263B-GOG (Cover centre consolle Manual Gear area)
5H2863487B-041 (Cover centre consolle side and box area)
5H2863099A-041 (USB trim)
5H2864571A-ADQ (Flap on Golf Gt or R)

For LHD (Europe,ecc) the number 2 becomes 1 so:
5H1864263C-GOG (Cover centre consolle DSG Area)
5H1864263B-GOG (Cover centre consolle Manual Gear area)
5H1863487B-041 (Cover centre consolle side and box area)
5H1863099A-041 (USB trim)
5H1864571A-ADQ (Flap on Golf Gt or R)

Part numbers for High Gloss black Centre consolle area.png

Last edited:

Golf8

Can anyone confirm if folding mirrors are now standard on the R line? As it’s no longer a option, I’ve heard a few rumours that they are now standard but the website does not reflect this?

Rick A

Can anyone confirm if folding mirrors are now standard on the R line? As it’s no longer a option, I’ve heard a few rumours that they are now standard but the website does not reflect this?
I would like to know this also. I have an R-Line on order and had specified the Side Assist option which includes the folding mirrors. Based on the VW website neither Side Assist or folding mirrors are either standard or an option on the R-Line currently. I am now unsure how this will affect my order and whether my car will come with these or not.

TwoSheds

As far as I am aware electrically folding mirrors still do not come with the R-Line as standard or as an option.

As you say you have an R-Line on order specifying Side Assist has the dealer been able to confirm this availability during the input of the order to the factory ?

It seems strange they have accepted the order unless they are aware it is changing in the near furure.

Rick A

As far as I am aware electrically folding mirrors still do not come with the R-Line as standard or as an option.

As you say you have an R-Line on order specifying Side Assist has the dealer been able to confirm this availability during the input of the order to the factory ?

It seems strange they have accepted the order unless they are aware it is changing in the
The order was placed in November 2021 and at that time Side Assist was an option on the R-Line. This seems to have been removed when the VW website changed over to Model Year 23 specs. I have asked my dealer about this but they are unsure. They said that the Side Assist is still listed on my order on the system, however I have no way of confirming the car will still be supplied with that option.