GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Movie and TV Recommendations

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Personally, not really a fan of Kevin Smith humor.

He did make Tusk (2014), which is almost in that 'so bad it's good' category.

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
Jay and Silent Bob, Clerks, Dogma, and Zack and Miri are all so good though. The rest, not so much. I like all his Q&As that are like 3 hours long and he only answers 2 questions too.

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
He makes comedies for edgy high schoolers.

Back when I was an edgy high schooler, I thought it was fantastic.

20 years later, not so much...

MonkeyMD

Autocross Champion
I'm a 45 yo high schooler then. His work is genius.

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Don't get me wrong. Immature humor never goes out of style. Freddy Got Fingered is still peak comedy to me, probably in the top #3.

Just something about Kevin Smith...

torga

Autocross Champion
Umbrella Academy season 3 is a complete mess. Feels like the writers are just trying to see what sticks and promptly forgetting about things they set up or feelings that characters had.

I'm reluctant to start Stranger Things because I feel like seasons 2 and 3 had already been trending downward -- trying to capture the magic of the first season.

Diggs24

Autocross Champion
This is why I find it hard to start new shows. They either get cancelled or flame out badly and you've ended up wasting your time being invested in them. Everyone is saying the same thing about UA:

Season 1 is good
Season 2 is meh
Season 3 is crap

So I won't bother.

torga

Autocross Champion
Not everything needs 5 seasons and a movie! In fact, rarely anything does. Ugh! It's all about money and engagement numbers.

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Umbrella Academy season 3 is a complete mess. Feels like the writers are just trying to see what sticks and promptly forgetting about things they set up or feelings that characters had.

I'm reluctant to start Stranger Things because I feel like seasons 2 and 3 had already been trending downward -- trying to capture the magic of the first season.

I liked season 3.

The general consensus is that seasons 4 is the best one since the first. I think it gets long and drawn out at parts, but overall thought it was pretty good.

Subliminal

Autocross Champion
The remake of Jay and Silent Bob was way better than I was expecting

MonkeyMD

Autocross Champion
This is why I find it hard to start new shows. They either get cancelled or flame out badly and you've ended up wasting your time being invested in them. Everyone is saying the same thing about UA:

Season 1 is good
Season 2 is meh
Season 3 is crap

So I won't bother.
I usually try to start shows when they're done, but didn't always work that way.

I used to be obsessive about finishing books, shows and movies no matter what. Now i value my time so if it's bad i just stop or if it gets repetitive like Bosch, Eureka, Blacklist. They were good but just the same theme over and over. Well Eurelka was cheesy, but somewhat enjoyable.