GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

2022 Formula 1 Season

torga

Autocross Champion
The Ferrari pit light was not green, it was on him.... but I will defend the fact Ferrari also let him down with that late pit call, he should have pit several laps before...

Leclerc reaction:

He walked back to the pits with the helmet on....

I would've too. I would not have wanted anyone to see my face. I wouldn't have wanted to directly look at anyone either.

g-magoo

Autocross Champion
Sainz deserved a bigger penalty anyway.

His pit exit was ludicrous. He actually almost hit a crew member from another team while simultaneously cutting off another driver.
True, the LR tire guy at Mclaren was lucky to get his wheel out of the way before getting clipped.

The Ferrari pit light was not green, it was on him.... but I will defend the fact Ferrari also let him down with that late pit call, he should have pit several laps before...

Leclerc reaction:

He walked back to the pits with the helmet on....
I can't really blame Sainz. He had to call his own strategy in Silverstone to ensure he won the race. I'm thoroughly convinced sometimes that Ferrari couldn't find their asshole if their hand was a mag-lite.

Poor Leclerc. Them feels.

g-magoo

Autocross Champion
We're already at the last race before the break. Maybe more first lap carnage leads to a non RB/Ferrari driver winning?

torga

Autocross Champion
Wow, announcement on 8/4. What a perfect addition to silly season.

g-magoo

Autocross Champion
Great, now I have to drive a VW, but root against them every weekend. I was really hoping they'd just buy AM and make the Strolls exist stage left.
I mean, Audi is slated to enter as well, there is always hope.

Wow, announcement on 8/4. What a perfect addition to silly season.
As exciting as it is.... it's right at the start of the F1 Summer break, and now we have to read about it for 4 weeks straight.

torga

Autocross Champion
I mean, Audi is slated to enter as well, there is always hope.

lol so VW would suddenly have two F1 teams

As exciting as it is.... it's right at the start of the F1 Summer break, and now we have to read about it for 4 weeks straight.

haha that's exactly what I meant by that comment. Sarcasm no bueno on internet.

g-magoo

Autocross Champion
lol so VW would suddenly have two F1 teams

haha that's exactly what I meant by that comment. Sarcasm no bueno on internet.
Yeah, I mean, why only have one team to win, when you can have two potential teams with a chance to win.

Whoops, LOL.

g-magoo

Autocross Champion
Possibly, but what would Audi do with TR? Continue to be a B-spec team to Porsche/RB (big oof for the Audi brand), or finally be able to contend as equals at the front?

I think that while both are under the whole VAG group, they are still entering as their own "companies" and thus will still attempt to be competitive against one another. It wouldn't be the first time, e.g. the 2015 24 hours of Le Mans. I believe Audi has shown interest in a few manufacturers, most recently was Sauber/Alfa. Once they land on set rules for the next gen of power units, I think we'll see confirmation of where Audi ends up.

bentin

Autocross Champion
Well now that I think about it, perhaps that 50% investment in RBT is to take over Torro Roso and then I'm fine. Just as long as no one expects me to root for Max. Maybe RB and Ferrari are trying to shake their B teams, and taking TR and Alfa would be an easy way to clear off the books for both teams and give Porsche and Audi their own platforms.

I'm still a little unclear as to Audi's intent here, they don't really make any sports cars, aside from one rebranded Lamborghini product, and they certainly don't have a strong racing presence, at least nothing compared to Porsche.

torga

Autocross Champion
While Audi may not have a huge presence right now, they have a very rich history in motorsports. Lots of success in endurance racing (2nd in all-time Le Mans wins), and of course, Quattro and rally racing are almost synonymous.

bentin

Autocross Champion
While Audi may not have a huge presence right now, they have a very rich history in motorsports. Lots of success in endurance racing (2nd in all-time Le Mans wins), and of course, Quattro and rally racing are almost synonymous.
Yeah, but that’s a little like Bentley claiming a rich racing history, while true, most folks weren’t alive for any of it. Of course that’s getting to be true for Ferrari.

torga

Autocross Champion
Uh. Every year Sebastian Vettel won the F1 WDC, Audi was winning at Le Mans. Pretty recent, if you ask me.

I forgot about Audi's very recent involvement with Formula E, too. Not a full works team, but heavy support (not just title sponsor). They won back in 2019, I think.