GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Ukraine: WAR Huh - What Is It Good For Absorootly Nothing

dtfd

Autocross Champion
I haven't been following this story very closely because it's more of a human interest side show rather than real news but feel free to correct me if I misunderstood something here.

She was arrested for bringing marijuana through airport security into Russia (where the drug is illegal). The news and state department has decided we care about her (but not any other American citizen arrested abroad for drug smuggling) and are willing to trade an arms dealer with the Russians to get her back?

Meanwhile hundreds of people still sit in jail in the united states for marijuana related drug charges and who knows how many are sitting in foreign jails for smuggling. Is it just because she's a professional athlete that people care?

uglybastard

Autocross Champion
I haven't been following this story very closely because it's more of a human interest side show rather than real news but feel free to correct me if I misunderstood something here.

She was arrested for bringing marijuana through airport security into Russia (where the drug is illegal). The news and state department has decided we care about her (but not any other American citizen arrested abroad for drug smuggling) and are willing to trade an arms dealer with the Russians to get her back?

Meanwhile hundreds of people still sit in jail in the united states for marijuana related drug charges and who knows how many are sitting in foreign jails for smuggling. Is it just because she's a professional athlete that people care?
Also worth noting that she's openly lesbian in a country with regressive views on that kinda thing

cb1111

Also worth noting that she's openly lesbian in a country with regressive views on that kinda thing
And she has said really negative things about the US.

On the flip side, the Russians are clearly using this for propaganda purposes but she was an idiot to:
a: go there
b: go there with drugs

cb1111

Ukrainian Forces Hamstrung by Pledge Not to Fire Into Russia (msn.com)

Grains of truth: Polish farmers irate over Ukrainian imports (msn.com)

Ukraine is 'ready and able' to defeat Russia: Ukrainian foreign minister (msn.com) really? Then get at it.

Tug-of-war: Ukraine celebrates its tank-towing farmers (msn.com)

How to stop Putin in Ukraine (msn.com)

No matter what the Kremlin says, the sanctions against Russia are working and 'catastrophically crippling' its economy: study (msn.com)

Ukraine round-up: Kherson counter-offensive gains pace (msn.com)

Ukraine begins counteroffensive to retake Kherson | Watch (msn.com)

Syrian ship carrying ‘stolen’ Ukrainian grain docks in Lebanon (msn.com)

WAR IN UKRAINE: Ukrainian Soldiers Shoot Russian Drone Out Of The Sky With American Stinger Missile | Watch (msn.com)

Russia denies that Latvia’s visa restrictions cause «special harm» to Moscow (msn.com)

Lavrov To Propose a Time to Discuss Possible Prisoner Swap for Brittney Griner (msn.com)

Explosion Kills Ukrainian POWs Held by Russian-Backed Forces (msn.com)

Finns call for halt to 'unbearable' Russian tourism (msn.com)

Putin’s former banker warns about his health (msn.com)

Blinken and Lavrov hold «frank and direct» conversation on prisoner exchange (msn.com)

Biden is losing the plot on Russia sanctions (msn.com)

United States imposes new sanctions against two Russian nationals and four Russian entities (msn.com)

Russia rejects Japan’s request to exclude Kuril Islands from military exercise zone (msn.com)