GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Assault Weapons Ban Bill

Status
Not open for further replies.

Corprin

Autocross Champion
The bill clearly states it would become illegal to possess them as well. Sure they don't say they are going to come take them but it's easy to see how it would be interpreted that way.

“(v) (1) It shall be unlawful for a person to import, sell, manufacture, transfer, or possess, in or affecting interstate or foreign commerce, a semiautomatic assault weapon.

“(2) Paragraph (1) shall not apply to the possession, sale, or transfer of any semiautomatic assault weapon otherwise lawfully possessed under Federal law on the date of enactment of the Assault Weapons Ban of 2022.

Also goes for the evils of “high capacity magazines”.

“(w) (1) It shall be unlawful for a person to import, sell, manufacture, transfer, or possess, in or affecting interstate or foreign commerce, a large capacity ammunition feeding device.

“(2) Paragraph (1) shall not apply to the possession of any large capacity ammunition feeding device otherwise lawfully possessed on or before the date of enactment of the Assault Weapons Ban of 2022.

tmw2442

Autocross Newbie
Nadler is on video stating during committee....the goal is to ban firearms in common use. "They are in common use....that is the problem."

From my recollection of the bill, it's also fairly ambiguous about grandfathering as it contradicts itself at least a few times in it's own text from searching the entire text of the bill.

Also, I believe the bill states that basically anything accepting a detachable magazine greater than 10 rds is banned....so that includes a large majority of pistols that ship with mags over 10 rds...
The only entities allowed to possess these "items" in the bill are government agencies, and law enforcement....:unsure:

Last edited:

Corprin

Autocross Champion
Nadler is on video stating during committee....the goal is to ban firearms in common use. "They are in common use....that is the problem." From my recollection of the bill, it's also fairly ambiguous about grandfathering as it contradicts itself at least a few times in it's own text. Also, I believe the bill states that basically anything accepting a detachable magazine greater than 10 rds is banned....so that includes a large majority of pistols that ship with mags over 10 rds...
The only entities to possess these "items" in the bill are government agencies, and law enforcement....:unsure:

Read the bill. Americans keep allowing themselves to be used as tools of rhetoric/propaganda. All while the factual information to debunk said rhetoric/propaghanda is readily available from the actual source.

The bill is not ambiguous about things you already legally own, it specifically states you keep them. Additionally it also defines what “grandfathered” means and when that term is applied.

“(52) The term ‘grandfathered semiautomatic assault weapon’ means any semiautomatic assault weapon the importation, possession, sale, or transfer of which would be unlawful under section 922(v) but for the exception under paragraph (2) of such section.

Last edited:

tmw2442

Autocross Newbie
The secure storage provision...that one's great too...

Last edited:

GolNat

Autocross Champion
::!popcorn meme::

toothofwar

Autocross Champion
Man meth is so rampant around where I live. It would be so nice if it was illegal so no one could have meth..........

Oh. Wait.........

tmw2442

Autocross Newbie
Man meth is so rampant around where I live. It would be so nice if it was illegal so no one could have meth..........

Oh. Wait.........
If only KY could be more utopian like Chicago...

toothofwar

Autocross Champion
Utopian as in some of the strictest gun laws outside of California, yet one of the highest violent gun crime rates in the United States?

Or utopian as in more relaxed on the drug laws. I am all for pot being legal, but meth is death sentence. Even if you get clean, your body is wrecked and your brain is scrambled . I've had so many family and friends live destroyed by the crap.

Corprin

Autocross Champion
The secure storage provision...that one's great too...

Do you support leaving firearms out and accessible for use by people who are known to be not legally allowed to handle such firearms?

tmw2442

Autocross Newbie
I tend to not invite convicted felons or mental unstable people on or around my property, and tend to use my gut while out in public to distance myself and family from people displaying such behaviors. By "accessible for use..." do you mean stealing...that's already illegal. If someone steals my car, then drives drunk, and cashes into an innocent person...I am responsible, the car, the alcohol or the individual who performed the actions.

Last edited:

Corprin

Autocross Champion
I tend to not invite convicted felons or mental unstable people on or around my property, and tend to use my gut while out in public to distance myself and family from people displaying such behaviors. By "accessible for use..." do you mean stealing...that's already illegal.

I guess I am confused. What part of the storage section do you object to?

JC_451

Autocross Champion
Pointless to even discuss this. It will never pass. It's just so they can throw their hands up and say they tried.

tmw2442

Autocross Newbie
Pointless to even discuss this. It will never pass. It's just so they can throw their hands up and say they tried.
and blame the boogieman of the hr in the news cycle... for clicks... continued fear pron. Even if "something" does make it through...court precedent of 3 or 4 cases at this point make most of the bill moot. Between the boating accident, TSA loosing my luggage, and a RV fire....I lost everything. Almost all the division between people is sowed for agenda purposes, distracting from the actual root of issues...continuing to treat a "simp"-tome and not the actual disease... Funny how 30 people...drinking something like 170 bottles or alcohol accomplished more in 2 days than congress in 30-40 years...

Last edited:

The Fed

Old Guys Rule
I’m having trouble figuring out how, as you state, “every semi-auto-automatic rifle or pistol is banned.”

Where exactly does it say that? Not trolling here, genuinely curious about how you are interpreting the bill?
My thinking is, The capacity to accept a detachable ammunition feeding device at some location outside of the pistol grip could be interpreted to mean an extended magazine, and since there are companies that make extended mags for most popular pistols... I don't know what they mean, since I've never heard of what seems to say some kind of aluminum something. Does any mag manufacturer make mags from aluminum? All it might take is one. Anyone know what the bill refers to? It's the weirdest wording I ever saw. Mags attach at a point in the grip. Does any company make a spare tubular mag system for any pistol that is detachable? Perhaps there is to get around the standard box magazine standard. I never take it for granted there are intelligent anti-gun freaks that know something I don't. Leave to the 75 Soros-funded DAs to persecute and let you wait for years until it gets to the SC, which if Republicans lose the Senate, can go left.

Last edited:

tmw2442

Autocross Newbie
My thinking is, The capacity to accept a detachable ammunition feeding device at some location outside of the pistol grip could be interpreted to mean an extended magazine, and since there are companies that make extended mags for most popular pistols... I don't know what they mean, since I've never heard of what seems to say some kind of aluminum something. Does any mag manufacturer make mags from aluminum? All it might take is one. Anyone know what the bill refers to? It's the weirdest wording I ever saw. Does any company make a spare tubular mag system for any pistol that is detachable? Perhaps there is to get around the standard box magazine prohibition. I never take it for granted there are intelligent anti-gun freaks that know something I don"'t.
"They" have also stated in committee that a standard, AR buffer tube, buffer, and spring...when combined with a pistol brace...."is" and "operates like" a bump stock or select fire weapon... :ROFLMAO:. It's wonderfully when everything they state is recorded....

Status
Not open for further replies.