GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

CSB: Vu - Local Forum n00b Questions Forum Unwritten Rules - New Pope Being Elected

Status
Not open for further replies.

Corprin

Autocross Champion
those training videos are god awful. and they make you scared to ever talk to anyone at work again out of fear of being fired for harassment

Was just fine working at home full time the last 2.5 years. Back in office for three mondays, and some fuckwit gets in my face threatening physical violence because I wouldn’t let him come through a secure door with my scan. I have zero clue who the hell he is not ever seen him before. Dude went all Karen on me “I’m a trainer here, how do you not know who I am”.

Someone else reported the threats so I got pulled in to give a statement. People done lost their minds these days. Dude clearly woke up on the wrong side of life that day.

Phur

Autocross Champion
Bosses sent out email Wed. “We want all your mandatory FY22 training completed by next week.”

Based on my last promotion, my annual certifications are due at end of FY as well as station mandated annual training elements. Normally these are budgeted to be one or two a week to not pull me off my caseload for large swaths of time.

I responded saying my calendar won’t allow that to happen for at least two weeks. They said, “fine get it done this week.”

I’m now nearly 4.5hrs into my Friday and watching the same snoozer videos on privacy act, information security, remote technology access policy, sexual harassment, workplace harassment, and the list goes on and on, that I’ve seen every year for nearly a decade.

I’m getting absolutely nothing done, and while part of me is like… ya’ll did this, part of me feels like I should be accomplishing something today. Eh, fuck it.

I WISH I could stare at someone’s intercooling paperweight right now.
Can you scroll to the end of the video clip? That’s what I did on my last training. They said that total training time would be ~ 3 hours… I was done in < 20 min.

uglybastard

Autocross Champion

Phur

Autocross Champion
Dude, some of these videos have quizzes after every section. You can't skip forward and even if you know the answers you still have to let the video play first.

We also have read and sign trainings. These ones you can basically just skip. We call them "don't read but sign any way. "
Many of those won’t let you skip, but will let you scroll to the end of each video section.

uglybastard

Autocross Champion
Was just fine working at home full time the last 2.5 years. Back in office for three mondays, and some fuckwit gets in my face threatening physical violence because I wouldn’t let him come through a secure door with my scan. I have zero clue who the hell he is not ever seen him before. Dude went all Karen on me “I’m a trainer here, how do you not know who I am”.

Someone else reported the threats so I got pulled in to give a statement. People done lost their minds these days. Dude clearly woke up on the wrong side of life that day.
Maybe it was a test

dtfd

Autocross Champion
Question for you pro/semi-pro/really good hobbist photographers,

Do you prefer DSLR or mirrorless and why?

JC_451

Autocross Champion
Many of those won’t let you skip, but will let you scroll to the end of each video section.
Some of the ones we get are like this. You can sort of skip.

Others have the controls locked out til the video finishes and then the buttons pop-up :(

Corprin

Autocross Champion
You're all missing @GTIfan99 's genius secret plan.

Step 1: select a target, perhaps one that owes people money
Step 2: acquire target's address
Step 3: piss off everyone on the forum
Step 4: "accidentally doxx yourself" by posting photos with the target's address on shipping labels
Step 5: wait for the fireworks!!!

…except that address is not sad individual that owes people money. 🤷‍♂️

Status
Not open for further replies.