GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Dogs

dtfd

Autocross Champion
Yeah, ours does the same thing. Sometimes we have to figure out what she did - most of the time it was just going into a room she isn't allowed in and she went in when we weren't home - but this was different.

She never does anything that gets her into trouble, so this was an actual "I'm sorry". We've played since and it was all normal.
My dog does the exact same thing when he accidently catches me with his jaw. It's almost always 100% my fault but as soon as he gets a piece of me he immediately drops the toy and starts licking my hand as if to apologize.

He also has very expressive eyebrows so he emotes quite a bit. Very easy to tell if he threw up somewhere when we get home.

Dogs know when they've done something wrong. They definitely feel remorse.

cb1111

My dog does the exact same thing when he accidently catches me with his jaw. It's almost always 100% my fault but as soon as he gets a piece of me he immediately drops the toy and starts licking my hand as if to apologize.

He also has very expressive eyebrows so he emotes quite a bit. Very easy to tell if he threw up somewhere when we get home.

Dogs know when they've done something wrong. They definitely feel remorse.
When we come home and she's done something wrong (like I said, normally going into a room she's not supposed to be in), she'll greet us at the door, then immediately run to her bed and put her ears back.

Yeah, she can also raise her eyebrows individually, which is funny to watch.

She transitioned really well from a working dog.

Hungry4hops

Autocross Champion
Screenshot_20220820-103545_Instagram.jpg

gixxerfool

Autocross Champion
This thread does need some love.

We have two dogs, my wife wanted a third. I was adamant against it, she pressed for over a year. Well, she brought to the table a deal I could not say no to. No Disney trips for 5 years if we could get a third. World wide. I couldn’t say yes fast enough. Enter Lola to our nuthouse.

0D59174E-ACC2-4597-967C-608D1C956E17.jpeg

While we’re not 100% sure, we are pretty convinced she is Chihuahua, Boston terrier and Husky mixed. We are hoping the dog dna kits go on sale on the next prime sale.

Lola had a “brother” Carlos. They were surrendered together from the same house. We had no intention of taking Carlos. The rescue asked if we would be willing to forever foster him. So, player 4 has entered the game.

0DFD50A9-6B4A-400E-AFE4-613B9450C662.jpeg

He’s full on Chi and has no teeth, which is why his tongue hangs out. He also blows snot bubbles due to an abscess in his gum they can’t address because of his size. It all adds to his charm.

4 is it though. We don’t even joke about a fifth.

1078A67B-FC93-4E49-B6D9-B5048F24DE39.jpeg

Gr33nBunny

Drag Racing Champion

We have two dogs, my wife wanted a third. I was adamant against it, she pressed for over a year. Well, she brought to the table a deal I could not say no to. No Disney trips for 5 years if we could get a third. World wide. I couldn’t say yes fast enough. Enter Lola to our nuthouse.

While we’re not 100% sure, we are pretty convinced she is Chihuahua, Boston terrier and Husky mixed. We are hoping the dog dna kits go on sale on the next prime sale.

Lola had a “brother” Carlos. They were surrendered together from the same house. We had no intention of taking Carlos. The rescue asked if we would be willing to forever foster him. So, player 4 has entered the game.

He’s full on Chi and has no teeth, which is why his tongue hangs out. He also blows snot bubbles due to an abscess in his gum they can’t address because of his size. It all adds to his charm.

The wife has been trying for a 3rd dog since the day we brought Nora home. I have agreed when Raven is 5 (~2 years) depending where life is, we'll talk about it, as long as the GTI has received a hybrid turbo and some other shit by then.

If I gotta deal with another furball then Im getting something out of it beyond more dog hair in places it shouldn't be 😂

Acadia18

Autocross Champion

View attachment 261783

View attachment 261784

View attachment 261785

Bro you're living my dream. Fucking love Chihuahuas. Wife does not. We had to put ours down a year ago tomorrow :cry:

1664461318480.png

Now just stuck with this big dumb idiot 🤣

1664461478775.png

I still want to get another Chihuahua. I like having a little dog that can just chill on my lap when I'm working. But also torn between not wanting to go through the hassle of the puppy phase again...

gixxerfool

Autocross Champion
The wife has been trying for a 3rd dog since the day we brought Nora home. I have agreed when Raven is 5 (~2 years) depending where life is, we'll talk about it, as long as the GTI has received a hybrid turbo and some other shit by then.

If I gotta deal with another furball then Im getting something out of it beyond more dog hair in places it shouldn't be 😂

It can definitely be chaotic. My one dog has a medical condition that has her on doses 4 times a day. So treats for everyone at those times. It’s a circus. Trying to get them out all at once sometimes fails. But on the whole it’s pretty great.
Bro you're living my dream. Fucking love Chihuahuas. Wife does not. We had to put ours down a year ago tomorrow :cry:

View attachment 261834

Now just stuck with this big dumb idiot 🤣

View attachment 261835

I still want to get another Chihuahua. I like having a little dog that can just chill on my lap when I'm working. But also torn between not wanting to go through the hassle of the puppy phase again...
Damn dude, I feel that. My old dog, a chi/min pin, we had to put to sleep during covid. Thankfully her last months were with us under lockdown. These are the best dogs. They need discipline and training which most people don’t do which gives them a bad rep. We do senior rescues since there are so many that need adoption. We don’t do puppies. Senior dogs are the best imho. Usually trained and housebroken and if not easy enough to do. They are usually pretty chill too, so that works best for us.

shovelhd

Autocross Champion

This is my son Jake's dog Blake (yeah, I know). He's an 11 year old Chihuahua and Jack Russell rescue from an elderly gentleman who recently passed away. Jake had only had him for six months before they found a mass in his jaw. most likely from an abscess that the previous owner didn't address. It's grown to the point of inoperability, so his time with us is getting short. Great dog. Had no trouble flying out from San Francisco and back. Loved the beach.

I never liked Chihuahuas until I met him. They really can be great dogs.

blake.jpg

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
It can definitely be chaotic. My one dog has a medical condition that has her on doses 4 times a day. So treats for everyone at those times. It’s a circus. Trying to get them out all at once sometimes fails. But on the whole it’s pretty great.

Damn dude, I feel that. My old dog, a chi/min pin, we had to put to sleep during covid. Thankfully her last months were with us under lockdown. These are the best dogs. They need discipline and training which most people don’t do which gives them a bad rep. We do senior rescues since there are so many that need adoption. We don’t do puppies. Senior dogs are the best imho. Usually trained and housebroken and if not easy enough to do. They are usually pretty chill too, so that works best for us.

The thing I have against senior adoption is the already short time you get with them (in the grand scheme of things) is then cut even shorter.

And while puppy phase does suck, they sure are cute as shit.

Although, this was a senior that my wife wanted to adopt purely because she felt bad.

Screenshot_20220929_105703.jpg

Our house isn't a good place for a blind senior dog though, since we half a 45lb dog who's still very much in his puppy phase. He doesn't understand when other dogs don't want to play with him.

gixxerfool

Autocross Champion
This is my son Jake's dog Blake (yeah, I know). He's an 11 year old Chihuahua and Jack Russell rescue from an elderly gentleman who recently passed away. Jake had only had him for six months before they found a mass in his jaw. most likely from an abscess that the previous owner didn't address. It's grown to the point of inoperability, so his time with us is getting short. Great dog. Had no trouble flying out from San Francisco and back. Loved the beach.

I never liked Chihuahuas until I met him. They really can be great dogs.

View attachment 261837
Awe. He’s adorable. Some of the Chi mixes are pretty damned cute. Sorry to hear it. Carlos they don’t know if it’s a tooth root or tumor or whatever. He’s as happy as he can be. At 4.5 pounds he is small enough to go where ever you want.
The thing I have against senior adoption is the already short time you get with them (in the grand scheme of things) is then cut even shorter.

And while puppy phase does suck, they sure are cute as shit.

Although, this was a senior that my wife wanted to adopt purely because she felt bad.

View attachment 261838

Our house isn't a good place for a blind senior dog though, since we half a 45lb dog who's still very much in his puppy phase. He doesn't understand when other dogs don't want to play with him.
We adopt seniors for the exact reason they only have so long and I refuse to let them die in a shelter. Even a few months is a better life. They love give is so great.