GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Mk8 Orders

m4in

Go Kart Newbie
Absolutely, if you know it's nowhere near yet, then waiting is easier. Now it's a bit like a carrot dangling in front of your face, it sucks. Our GTE went into production this month, ordered Nov 21 - if you ordered in december, factoring in christmas and new years, i do think end of january/beginning of february does sound realistic, if you take our car as example.

God knows though.

TJFused

Passed Driver's Ed
Absolutely, if you know it's nowhere near yet, then waiting is easier. Now it's a bit like a carrot dangling in front of your face, it sucks. Our GTE went into production this month, ordered Nov 21 - if you ordered in december, factoring in christmas and new years, i do think end of january/beginning of february does sound realistic, if you take our car as example.

God knows though.
Happy to hear your car is being built! Frustrating when I ordered my R in July 2021 and my last update was
“Your Golf isn't currently showing an estimated build week, lots of Golf performance models are at the same status, it isn't just Golf we are waiting for the factory to update, we have other VW models in the range also waiting to be reassigned into an estimated build week.”
Let’s see what my December update brings.

m4in

Go Kart Newbie
Happy to hear your car is being built! Frustrating when I ordered my R in July 2021 and my last update was
“Your Golf isn't currently showing an estimated build week, lots of Golf performance models are at the same status, it isn't just Golf we are waiting for the factory to update, we have other VW models in the range also waiting to be reassigned into an estimated build week.”
Let’s see what my December update brings.

Thanks, we're too lol. It's about time.

July 21, christ. That's UK as well, isn't it? It should have at least a preliminary/estimated build date, that's odd. Did you order through VW or a third party leasing company?

TJFused

Passed Driver's Ed
Thanks, we're too lol. It's about time.

July 21, christ. That's UK as well, isn't it? It should have at least a preliminary/estimated build date, that's odd. Did you order through VW or a third party leasing company?
Correct in the UK. Ordered through a VW dealer. Fairly high specced so not sure if that’s impacting it too

m4in

Go Kart Newbie
Correct in the UK. Ordered through a VW dealer. Fairly high specced so not sure if that’s impacting it too

Out of interest, does the spec include the Harman Kardon sound system?

I did hear that that particular option can lead to long delays (the GTE thankfully doesn't have that option, since we'd otherwise have gone for it too). Our GTE has a few toys too, but not the aforementioned sound system.

TJFused

Passed Driver's Ed
Out of interest, does the spec include the Harman Kardon sound system?

I did hear that that particular option can lead to long delays (the GTE thankfully doesn't have that option, since we'd otherwise have gone for it too). Our GTE has a few toys too, but not the aforementioned sound system.
I did spec the H&K sound system. Yeh I can understand delays but 16 months…….

m4in

Go Kart Newbie
Yeah wasn't putting it on the sound system itself, 16 months is obviously stupid - although again, i do find it odd that you don't even have a preliminary build date. Not that these mean anything really, but it is weird that you don't even have that. In 13 months of waiting, we always had at least that.

Only other thing i could think of is that the dealership screwed something up with their build slot allocations. 16 months without even a preliminary build date just doesn't sound right to me, even in the current climate. Maybe they're prioritising 20R over normal R, which would be absolutely bollocks.

m4in

Go Kart Newbie
Did now get a response from "our" saleslady.

"Good Morning both;

Annual leave and illness has brought me back to work today.

As build week has passed the order is with the factory – car is at a status 20.

And will update @ a status 30 meaning completion (in transit)
As the car has not moved from a status 20 it is still with the factory – awaiting semiconductors etc,

I will not know an update until it has changed status to a 30 and cannot give an anticipated time on when we are expecting it to complete

As I have experienced some cars e.g. T-Cross being stuck at a status 20 for some time and as your model is a GTE it will depend more on the component than other vehicles.

Kind Regards
Danielle"

Not much, but it's slowly, very slowly advancing, i suppose.

gjm

Passed Driver's Ed
An update on my Golf GTD order, extras added are rear view camera and winter pack. Ordered in November 2021.
I’ve received regular unconfirmed build dates from my dealer, but it kept being pushed back and back. The last I heard was build in January 2023, which I had high hopes for as that would be just over a year from ordering, but I have just been informed that it has yet again been pushed back. Now unconfirmed build is April 2023!!

Supposedly VW still struggling to build high performance Golf’s.

rayaans

Ready to race!
December 2021 - Order confirmed
January 2022 - Week 23
February 2022 - Week 38
March 2022 - Week 45
April 2022 - Week 39
May 2022 - Week 00 (Preparation for MY23 factory changes)
6th June 2022 - Week 46
22nd June 2022 - Week 40
July 2022 - Week 49
August 2022 - Week 45
September 2022 - Week 48
October 2022 - Week 51
6th November 2022 - Week 51
25th November 2022 - January 2023
12th December 2022 - February 2023

The date just keeps going further and further away. Not entirely sure if the car will be here by the summer tbh

MikeMK8

Ready to race!
Just throwing this out there, Harman Kardon option has returned in the vw uk website. Maybe HK shortage is over? Just a guess.

drexel75

1.5 R Line DSG ordered from main dealer on October 25th 2021, told on August 10th 2022 that car was locked into Build Week 37 - commencing 12th September. Dealer called on November 22nd to say that the car had left the factory. Called today on the 16th December to say the car is now with them. 14 months from start of order to car being received.

rayaans

Ready to race!
1.5 R Line DSG ordered from main dealer on October 25th 2021, told on August 10th 2022 that car was locked into Build Week 37 - commencing 12th September. Dealer called on November 22nd to say that the car had left the factory. Called today on the 16th December to say the car is now with them. 14 months from start of order to car being received.
Good news. Post pics when you get chance.

When did they confirm the build date? Ours has been unconfirmed for 12 months since order!