GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

The COVID19 SCAMdemic... Biden Moves To Outlaw Acorns, Limit Squirrel Immigration

riceburner

Autocross Champion
Following the money leads to hollowing out and destroying the earth IMO lol

zrickety

The Fixer
Following the money leads to hollowing out and destroying the earth IMO lol
The rich and powerful already have underground bunkers.

zrickety

The Fixer

anotero

Autocross Champion
said it once will say it again

we can hate Greta all we want but she is ultimately right. the hate thrown at her is the result of reluctance to admit it.

climate change is real. its a real thing and caused by humans.

its more than c02. other chemicals in the atmosphere at various heights will effect things too.

it wont be the biggest issue of our lifetimes, which sets the unfortunate precedent that humans wont do anything to change our trajectory. it will affect generations from now onward

the bigger and more current issue, which isn't quite climate change, is the habitat devastation we created for our world, both for the natural world and the remaining world for us.

i also will say nobody is making good strides toward improving it - i.e., the green 'movements' are nothing more than cash grabs in a new goldrush. no 'movement' such as the pursuit of lithium and other 'renewables' are 'carbon negative' or otherwise good for the environment. The inverse is true - more extraction, more emissions (especially short term carbon emissions).

the true solutions unfortunately involve heavily reducing our overall economy - producing less, and trading local. of course if rail, truck, boat, and air transit largely went away then there goes the economy we have enjoyed for the past ~100 years.

the funny part to me still stands - this will actually correct itself, for the benefit of the planet and the despair of humanity. we will run the course, more or less, until we no longer can. as we pass peak oil and new reserves become harder to access (of ALL materials, not just crude oil) there will be dramatic price increases across the board. We will continue until we no longer can, but the economy will suffer cascading failures. human ingenuity is what we like to assign for our ~200 year boom in productivity, GDP, solving issues, etc, but we really owe it all to energy, and we have used more of it every year since we started burning oil.

"its caused by humans."

No, it is not.

anotero

Autocross Champion
The earth is greener than ever. Is pollution a problem? Yes, absolutely. Is it all over in 12 years if we don't reduce our carbon footprint? Give me a break. Corporations are gaming the system and government is there hand in hand cashing in. Follow the money.
Not greener than ever. Temperatures used to be noticeably higher at several pounts in the past, unbeknownst to Greta and others like her. Throwing fits over anthropogenic climate change is a form of egocentrism: the uneducated and overly emotional ones need to learn humility -- humans are but a speck and nature has seen it all, from mass extinctions to average worldwide temperatures much higher than now (and the planet flourished with life).

KevinC

Autocross Champion
attachment.php.jpg

zrickety

The Fixer
Not greener than ever. Temperatures used to be noticeably higher at several pounts in the past, unbeknownst to Greta and others like her. Throwing fits over anthropogenic climate change is a form of egocentrism: the uneducated and overly emotional ones need to learn humility -- humans are but a speck and nature has seen it all, from mass extinctions to average worldwide temperatures much higher than now (and the planet flourished with life).
When I say greener than ever, I meant in our lifetimes.

zrickety

The Fixer

npace

Autocross Champion
Canada wants to allow underage folks to euthanize themselves without parental consent. Western civilization at its best.
It's the next logical step. It isn't enough that part of society wants children to make decisions about hormone therapy and permanently removing / altering otherwise healthy reproductive tissue and organs. If the result is that they still aren't happy, these people want them to off themselves.

zrickety

The Fixer
It's the next logical step. It isn't enough that part of society wants children to make decisions about hormone therapy and permanently removing / altering otherwise healthy reproductive tissue and organs. If the result is that they still aren't happy, these people want them to off themselves.
All these things have one thing in common, depopulation.