GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Recent content by aitcheff

1. A

Light Bar. Can it change colour?

I've had my Golf 8 since September 2021. the light bar has always been white. But last week when I was putting the car in the garage both my wife and daughter remarked that they had never seen the light bar lit up blue and they liked it. Now it's back to being white and I was thinking there...
  2. A

Do I need a Connect subscription for OTA updates?

I'm coming to the end of my 3 year Connect subscription which was included with the car purchase. I don't use any connected services, preferring to use Carplay for Satnav etc. But will I still get OTA updates if I don't renew? Harry
  3. A

Infotainment Hardware and Software Updates

Yes I received and installed it yesterday.
  4. A

I've had a similar problem with braking since the software update.
  5. A

Please can you post the results of the inspection when completed. I'm keen to hear what they say about the braking issue.
  6. A

Since my software update a few weeks ago I'm pleased to say that I've had no errors and the infotainment system is much more responsive. However, could the update have messed with automatic gear changing settings? I used to be able to brake smoothly to a halt. Now the car lurches forward - I...
  7. A

My Style was updated to 1896 on Monday. They told me I might not get it back same day but it was done by 3pm. So far everything is working perfectly and I'm feeling the nightmare may be over.... Or am I jinxing myself?
  8. A

Travel assist and emergency assist errors

During the summer I had virtually no travel assist/emergency assist errors, but when it got colder I started getting them more frequently. Then recently we had a very cold snap and the pinging so frequent it was unbearable. Then suddenly it stopped. I noticed the steering wheel heating was off...
  9. A

I have hardware 5H0035816B and I'm on software 1668. According to the table posted a bit further up by Massimo, I should be able to upgrade to 1810. However the TPI posted much further up sometime last year seemed to say that there was no new software release yet for my hardware at that time...
  10. A

What is latest software version available?

The software update was applied to fix an intermittent problem so too soon to say that it has definitely been fixed. But the system does seem to be a bit more responsive and so far no additional problems have appeared.
  11. A

Having been told very firmly that software version 1668 was not available for my car, I took it in to the dealer for a minor software update to fix the occasional problem where the infotainment screen goes blank and hey presto it is now on 1668? Dies anyone in vw actually know anything about...
  12. A

Yes I was also told by the dealer that they are only permitted to do an update if instructed to do so by VW. He also told me that they had no information on what updates were available...hence my question. I made a formal complaint that I had 1664 but other cars had 1668. Eventually I was told...
  13. A

Is there any way to find out what the latest software version is for my golf 8 style with the Pro version of the infotainment system. I currently have version 1664 and have several outstanding issues supposedly being investigated by VW. I know the version available depends on what version of...
  14. A

Bluetooth Woes - Media hell

I had similar keyless entry problems when I had it set to unlock automatically when approaching the car. But after disabling that so that I have to touch the handle it has worked flawlessly. It doesn't bother me that the car doesn't unlock when I approach it but it may be different for you.
  15. A

Online Voice Control

I stand corrected. :) Basically the car needs an internet connection for Alexa to work.