GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Recent content by AngusC

1. A

Infotainment Hardware and Software Updates

I also took my Golf for a service and software update (91CU) yesterday and was told when I collected it that the software hadn't been updated as the update had been "pulled' by VW. Like you I find this extremely frustrating. I was hoping to have decent stable software after 2 years but it seems...
  2. A

Road noise

Unfortunately I've hardly driven it in the wet in the 5 months since I got it. Been sitting in the drive most of that time. Thanks for the heads-up, will check it out on the next wet day.
  3. A

Road noise

I find my Golf very quiet too. I've got a Life on 16 inch Nexen tyres. Must be honest, I'd never heard of them (research suggests they're South Korean) but they are the quietest tyres I've ever had.
  4. A

Losing data connection

Thanks @Handydave. Fingers crossed it stays stable for a while. My dealer is is in a different local authority area, so under Scottish rules I'm unable to travel there until restrictions ease. I don't think "my car is not connecting to the internet" would be seen as essential travel....:)
  5. A

Losing data connection

Mine connected again this morning (07.02.21), stopped working on 23.01.21. This is my first lost connection since I collected the car in lat November. Bit frustrating, but all ok for now.
  6. A

Losing data connection

I have had a similar problem for the past week or so. No internet connection, "grey globe" on central display. I've tried soft reset, hard reset, tightening the privacy settings - nothing worked so looks like a visit to the dealer is in order for me too. I'm on software version 1664.