GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Recent content by Beju

1. Beju

**Gun Enthusiast Thread**

That's a good rule of thumb. I've seen a Mossberg 930 perfectly cycle 1200 fps Remington Reduced Recoil LE buckshot, then fail to reliably cycle 1200 fps Winchester Ranger Low Recoil slugs.
  2. Beju

I'd say what feels good in her hand with the caveat that she needs to know how to hold the pistol. I've seen more than one female shooter put backstraps on Gen 4/5 Glocks that they totally didn't need, resulting in poor trigger finger placement, inability to manage recoil with the top of the...
  3. Beju

Yes, even their signature products like the M1A and 1911s have components largely made by outside suppliers. I've heard Wilson and/or Criterion for M1A barrels, and various other manufacturers for other components, including some in Canada, Korea, Taiwan. Their 1911 frames used to be made by...
  4. Beju

Yep. Springfield is more of an importer/assembler than they are a manufacturer.
  5. Beju

Time to break out Springfield's Hellcat design memo again:
  6. Beju

The VP9 in any form isn't on the CA roster of handguns approved for new sale, which means paying a premium for a used one. I've shot the full sized VP9B, and the grip is nicely shaped, but not particularly aggressively textured. Initial trigger pull is nice, but the reset is a bit disappointing...
  7. Beju

Everything in life is a compromise. Carrying on the hip could cause hip or back injuries, and is a slow draw when belted in. AIWB could cause internal injuries from the belt, it goes on and on.
  8. Beju

If the magnets are as strong as you say and there's no chance of it coming lose, I'd be more concerned about having a hardened piece of steel by your knee in a collision than the gun going off with one in the chamber (provided you haven't done any hillbilly gunsmithing to the trigger/striker...
  9. Beju

Buy 3+ holsters until you figure out which one is right for you like the rest of us ;) Some people are down on hybrid holsters, but the possibility of the soft material wearing exists with leather holsters too. You just need to be ready to toss a holster when it's worn. I'm fine with carrying...
  10. Beju

In the 'big enough for service/duty, but still concealable' category, you've got the Glock 19, S&W M&P 2.0 Compact, and SIG P320 Compact as popular picks with police departments these days. There are others (Walther PPQs, H&K VP9, and CZ P-10C are very nice), but most won't have the...
  11. Beju

I don't own either, but I've shot them both. I like the P365XL better.. Better trigger, and easier to conceal with a slightly shorter grip in spite of having 2 more rounds. It's also factory milled for an optic if you're in to that sort of thing.
  12. Beju

Just bought a toy to compliment the GTI, NC Miata PRHT

Reading this makes me miss my old 1997 M-Edition (like this, though I had bronze Konig Helium wheels). I'd like to get an ND one day. I fit in them just fine since I'm 5'7" and 145 lbs on a good day.