GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV
  • Has your username changed as part of the site merger and want it changed back? If the other version of your username isn't being used, send Gulfer a PM and we can probably fix it for you

Recent content by bentin

1. B

The bored at home / COVID19 / Working from home thread

Yeah, yours has been very good. Ours is his usual idiot self with the world biggest twat as a Lt Gov. Hard to believe I'd ever miss George W.
  2. B

2020 GTI mk8

Good day for this.
  3. B

Punks not dead

Speaking of Elvis Costello, I do listen to a good amount of the Specials, who Elvis produced their eponymous album.
  4. B

Punks not dead

46, still listen to plenty of Fugazi, Minor Threat, Birthday Party, Butthole Surfers, Flipper, Misfits, Bad Brains, X and of course the Ramones and Stooges. Don't really listen to the heavier stuff from my youth as much, like Suicidal Tendencies and Fearless Iranians from Hell, but they still...
  5. B

2020 GTI mk8

Yeah, I'd buy a Honda e in a second. Other forbidden fruit I'd actually buy if available here. Alpina 110s Audi RS3 hatch (with a manual, but I think that's dead globally now) SEAT Cupra R VW Polo GTI Focus ST Fiesta ST
  6. B

Just bought a toy to compliment the GTI, NC Miata PRHT

Guess it depends on what you consider comfortable. Sure, you can't see traffic lights, but the cars behind you have horns for a reason. And why would you have the roof up? Exiges and especially Sevens/Caterhams are probably my limit for necessary space though. Miatas are roomy in comparison...
  7. B

I'm 6'2" and fit in my NB with a Hard Dog bar with two inches of clearance. With a little slump, about an inch and a half of seat foam removed from the seat pan, about an inch from the seat back and the RHD fuel filler area hammered out to get the full seat travel. The NC is a little roomier...
  8. B

Nice car! I had an NB until it spun ol' number 4. I was outside of the recall range, but Mazda still came to my rescue. I always liked the PRHT, don't see many of them down here.
  9. B

Any cyclist on here

Yeah, E36/8. Awesome car, held a keg like it was designed around it. Blast at the track, but that trailing arm rear suspension could bite you if you weren't paying attention. I really wish BMW made anything even half as raw as that thing was. Or anyone, I don't really have any brand loyalty.
  10. B

Any cyclist on here

I suppose I should have looked at your avatar. Missed the R part. Yeah, on a GTI, the Curt is four bolts and a few minutes to install or remove, I've done it twice now. Looks like you'd have to deal with the Torklift and bumper removal, so yeah, probably easier to go roof rack at that point...
  11. B

Any cyclist on here

Just curious, why would you want a roof rack? Especially one that requires clips to bare paint and through the door seals? I had a direct mount on my M Coupe, but that's a whole other game. Hitch only for me, and that's without discussing a little problem with hydraulic fluid and the roof of...
  12. B

Fastest production car

Okay, one trick pony can have that one, assuming it's fully charged, the other driver cares and it's not too hot or too cold.
  13. B

Fastest production car

Not really my experience. Even stock, over 40, no trouble with any that weren't P models. I enjoy picking on Model 3's at highway speeds, they don't seem to understand that they're not fast once they're rolling.
  14. B

Fastest production car

Anyone claiming the Tesla is fast is using such a rare scenario, fully charged, pre cooled batteries, certain weather conditions and a bunch of menu selections just to even make it possible. This chart explains all I need to know about Tesla's "performance."
  15. B

Hello and welcome. Introduce yourselves here

New guy, had a few Audis and recently a couple of GTI SE's, a silver 17 and a white 18 after the early demise of the silver one. Been a BMW guy for a long time, but they've made it hard to get a manual and impossible to get a manual in a hatch, so the GTI was the logical fit. Had a Z3 M Coupe...