GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Recent content by bucknutVW

1. B

MK7 steering vs Mk8 Steering

Mine came with the Bridgestone summer on 19s. What do you run? The more I drive it the more I like it.
  2. B

MK7 steering vs Mk8 Steering

So I just bought a new Golf R manual. I got it last week and I really like it. Compared to my 2015 GTI, its faster, handles better etc... but for-whatever reason the steering seems to be disconnected. I wasnt sure if the handling is just a lot better so it feels a bit bland or not. I kept my...
  3. B

MPG for GTI and R - MK8

Thats pretty good. Do you just use the OEM tires. I picked up my Golf R last week. Mine came with the Bridgstone Summer tires, I get about 28 on the hwy. The car drives pretty good, def faster, def handles better, the steering maybe more vague IDK, the gearing is totally different my GTI. The...
  4. B

MPG for GTI and R - MK8

So I got a 2015 GTI Manual and am contemplating in buying a Golf R probably a manual again. I was gonna get the GTI but thought, I cant have two GTI's in the garage so I think I have to get an R. I drove one and it was OK, hard to tell with the guy nect to me for ten minutes of city driving. One...
  5. B

Mk8 Orders

Has anyone Heard how the Ukraine war will effect VW in the next year going further. I was just watching some geopolitic stuff and they were talking about the destruction of Germany manufacturing. My dealer said inventory would be much better by next year but I’m not so sure he’s right. Thoughts.
  6. B

6MT 1st gear taking off and engagement

From my experience driving manuals, its really a feel thing and timing . It depends on your action with your left foot, how fast you find the friction point. Are you new, becasue it just takes time when you first start. I have a 2015 GTI and a civic and the gti you do need more gas to get it...
  7. B

has anyone changed the shift knob on the new GTI with a manual transmission?

Oh I thought the DSG was boring for daily driving.I like rev matching and I like how I can control the car more. Maybe if I did track driving I would like the DSG.Anyways next gen is electric probably.
  8. B

Thanks for the info., how do you like the actual transmission, does it shift better than the MK7. How’s the clutch.
  9. B

So the dealer let me look at the new GTI and it had a manual. I didnt like the new shift knob compared to my 2015 GTI or even the older ones. Has anyone switched out the shift knob or have pics. Thanks