GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Recent content by Carlosfandang0

1. Carlosfandang0

Difference between Red & Chrome badges

is this it? http://www.autotrader.co.uk/car-details/202403217817618 If so. It’s either a bad picture, or it’s got some vinyl overlays as suggested above, there are no uk supplied Mk8 GTI’s with anything other than red GTI badges like the picture at the top of the page.
  2. Carlosfandang0

Difference between Red & Chrome badges

As far as I’m aware, all European market Mk8 GTI’s have the red badges with the chrome border?!
  3. Carlosfandang0

What did you do to your mk8 today.

Looks great!👌, But my tiny mind wouldn’t be able to cope with the GTI font being incorrect. 🤪
  4. Carlosfandang0

Golf Mk8.5

As far as i understand it, ICE vehicles under 180kw will still have a manual transmission option.
  5. Carlosfandang0

Golf Mk8.5

FYI, the GTD has been permanently discontinued.
  6. Carlosfandang0

Headlight alignment - too low?

Good stuff! Kudos to the test centre. 👌
  7. Carlosfandang0

You can actually adjust the headlights with any amount of fuel in the tank, but, you would have to allow for it when setting the level, and this is only practical when using the official VW adjustment process and software, as a good median when adjusting manually, half a tank is just fine.
  8. Carlosfandang0

How to get rid of "GTI" Logo on Front Grille

It may also be possible to modify the badge by removing the GTI lettering, and carefully smoothing the part back to leave just the plain bar, and then having it painted gloss black, it may or may not be possible to do this, but might be worthwhile looking in to.
  9. Carlosfandang0

How to get rid of "GTI" Logo on Front Grille

There isn’t an off the shelf part that would fit your needs unfortunately, it is possible to replace both left and right light strips though, ones from some other model variants that have matrix headlights specced don’t always have a model designation badge, the LIFE model for example has a...
  10. Carlosfandang0

Yes, having it done on a beam setter at an MOT place is a good idea if you’re not sure about doing it yourself, The self levelling wouldn’t be effected by manual adjustment, make sure there’s approximately 1/2 tank of fuel in it though, where you set it to would be regarded as the level point...
  11. Carlosfandang0

That would mean that you have self levelling!? Has the car been lowered? If so, it would need to be set back to the neutral position with OBDeleven or VCDS, if not, then you can simply raise the adjustment screws by the same amount of turns either side, (6mm Allen key I believe) count the turns...
  12. Carlosfandang0

Ambient lighting with logo projection

VW replaced the faulty projectors free of charge under the warranty. 👌
  13. Carlosfandang0

With the standard low line LED headlights there should be a manual range control adjustment in the infotainment, In the menus go to - VEHICLE > HEADLIGHTS > HEADLIGHT RANGE CONTROL, check that this is set to Zero before attempting any adjustment.
  14. Carlosfandang0

New 8.5 GTI showcased through press release on I.D 7 - Chat GPT

It has been confirmed that the manual option on the performance models has been discontinued indefinitely., the R and clubsport will be available in the second half of 2024.
  15. Carlosfandang0

New 8.5 GTI showcased through press release on I.D 7 - Chat GPT

Ah, no worries, I mentioned it because numerous owners have stated that the heated steering wheel can be switched on with the palm while steering, it appears that VW may have listened to their customers! 😳