GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Recent content by Coogles

1. Coogles

The Next Car Swap

I guess. All in after tax the dude paid over $1,000/mo to roll in a CX-5 that they hated. Makes zero sense. But hey, that's why we love Plac.:happyanim: I'm aboard the Forester XT train. We decided to hold off on the CUV for my wife until we make the last payment on my GTI here in a few...
  2. Coogles

The Next Car Swap

If you have a bunch of consumer debt with jacked up interest rates it makes a tons of sense to get cash out of your cars and use that time to get your financial house in order. Aside from that, though, I’m not sure we’re going to lease again, for a few reasons. One, lease terms end up forcing...
  3. Coogles

The Next Car Swap

So much truth here. I'll be able to stomach >$500/mo on a car once the GTI is paid off and my wife's car is our only car payment, but it's ridiculous to pay that much to lease something and still be paying on another unless the rest of your financial life is really in order and you're rolling...
  4. Coogles

The Next Car Swap

The Challenger, yes. Some of the proportions are a little goofy, but overall it's an awesome look. The Charger is gross.
  5. Coogles

The Next Car Swap

Putting that color on a car that isn't hideous certainly helps.
  6. Coogles

The Next Car Swap

:barf: Some brave soul decided to break out his C7 this morning and tuck it in the corner of the parking garage. It's freaking 20 degrees. I'd want to drive it too, but I'd struggle to bring it out in the cold and with some salt still lingering on the roads.
  7. Coogles

The Next Car Swap

That's the plan. I'm oddly happy with it. When Uni finally gets off their asses and releases their port flash I'll be Stage 1+ and hopefully pretty happy for awhile.
  8. Coogles

The Next Car Swap

Fuckin' a man, that's insane. The local VW dealership where I bought my mk6 is publicly discounting the 7's already. Not a ton, mind you, only $600-$1k off sticker, but they really don't seem to be selling here either.
  9. Coogles

The Next Car Swap

I've researched them some; there doesn't seem to be a huge list of typical issues with these. I dig bug Grambles about them and he had pretty positive things to say (of course). This one is a one owner with a meticulous service history, < 40k miles. We'll get it for <$25k which, considering...
  10. Coogles

The Next Car Swap

We're a hair away from pulling the trigger on a certified '12 RDX with the tech package and SH-awd for my wife. It has the extra space she wants, is more fun to drive than the Jetta, and will stay reliable becauseHonda. We've driven a couple others (CX-5, Forester & Tiguan) but, for the price...
  11. Coogles

The Next Car Swap

That’s generally not at all what financial-minded people will recommend. Everywhere I’ve seen, total transportation expense should be about 15% of your monthly net income. So, if you net $5,000/mo, that’s $750/mo total you can spend. That $750/mo includes gas (-$100), insurance (-$50)...
  12. Coogles

The Next Car Swap

So $30k, plus $2,700 for 9% sales tax, plus dealer and registration fees and such, you're conservatively in for $33,000. Now 6 months later you'd be glad to be out of it for $24,500. That's over $1,400/month to drive a CX-5. Hoooooly shit.
  13. Coogles

Wife's car

haha the pooch looks pretty comfy back there. Basically we want to be able to have a kiddo in the back seat and put the dogs in the hatch. I'd feel bad about doing that in the GTI or the Jetta. It's either she gets a small SUV or I get a wagon. I like A4 Avants, but not really wanting to go...
  14. Coogles

Wife's car

CX-5 has 34.1 cubic feet of cargo space with the seats up, 64.8 down. MK7 Golf is 22.8 and 52.7, respectively. Can also guarantee it would be more fun that the Jetta. It's a nice cruiser, but I don't know if it's the torsion beam rear or what, but that thing handles like a damn pig. Soft...
  15. Coogles

Wife's car

Less cargo space than her current Jetta. They're all snoozefests, doesn't at all solve the fun to drive problem. Would be perfect, but she's a good ol' wagon-hatin' 'Merican. Love me some Plac-readin, but not going to take his advice on which car to buy.:fighting0030: