GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Recent content by DiscusInferno

1. D

Rant--reflector deletes/covers are the blank buttons of the exterior

Your fallacy in your argument is your examples are required safety equipment in the North American motor vehicle standards, as well as EU, if not the entire world. Rear fog lights are not required equipment for US/Canada FMVSS. You should be glad that at least VW gives the MK7's the ability...
  2. D

Actually European regulations requires rear facing red reflectors also. For example, in the MK4 days, the Hella Magic Colours, the tail lights didn't have the required red reflectors in the assembly, so to be compliant with EU safety regulations, Hella included stick on rear facing reflectors...
  3. D

Early E60's in the USA had blanks for where the reflector went. (The Bangled 5-series)
  4. D

Any cyclist on here

So that's what the place looks like without snow... In other news, I committed some sacrilege. I removed my Speedplay Zero pedals from my road bike and put on my spare Shimano PD-520's on. Walking without falling on your ass is under-rated.
  5. D

Need help/advice on a Dealer's Body Shop issue....

Insurance companies tend to offer their "lifetime" warranty on collision repairs performed by their preferred providers. If the dealership was one of their preferred providers, then yes, the insurance company should handle it. If the OP decided not to utilize one of the insurance company's...
  6. D

Maryland Area Drivers

You avoid I-95 through NoVA, Crapital Beltway and Baltimore, which is usually heavily trafficked. Yes, I misspoke a bit, about the Eastern Shore.
  7. D

What was your first car?

Hand me down 84 Corolla. No...not the famous AE86, but the FWD AE82 with the 4A-LC engine with a blistering 70 hp and a 3-speed automatic. But it was a fun car to toss around... while VW GTI's had a more advanced Torsion beam suspension, I had an archaic rear independent suspension.
  8. D

Maryland Area Drivers

I-95 is the short route through maryland. And you have to deal with northern VA, DC and Baltimore traffic. If you really want to detour around Maryland, head towards Norkfolk, VA and cross the Chesapeake Bay Bridge Tunnel and you can avoid Maryland altogether using Delaware instead. If you...
  9. D

Any cyclist on here

My Rockhopper hasn't seen a trail since moving from Northern jersey (nearly) 2 years ago. New Jersey is great for mountain biking. Especially where I lived and work in Northern Jersey. Lots of different trails near by. They don't call it the Rock Garden state because it's clever.
  10. D

This is Racist??

Wrong thread... multiple open windows
  11. D

This is Racist??

leave it to VW to make things harder than it needs to be. Some other makes has studs on the strut mount. Ages ago when I put a ES250 strut bar on my Camry, it was remove 2 nuts on each side, put on strut bar and reinstall the nuts. I've always wondered if you can thread the bolts in the...
  12. D

Any cyclist on here

I see you got Eggbeaters for pedals.... I broke a candy before, and when on vacation, biked to Crank Brothers' HQ and they repaired my broken candy pedal on the spot. Too bad the cleats are a soft brass, so you have to replace the cleats regularly. Before gravel bikes existed, I liked going...
  13. D

Any cyclist on here

Have tubless on my hardtail, with Stan's rims... no inner tube rimstrip for me. My old cross bike, that doubled as a commuter in LA, before it got stolen at a Federal building, was also tubeless, Stan's Alpha 440 rims.
  14. D

Any cyclist on here

If you don't have Keep-on-covers on the speedplay cleats, or Speedplay's walkable covers... what gets ground down is the metal plate and especially the screw heads. But speedplay is very maintenance intensive, and especially if you accidently walk on a patch of dirt, it's going to interfere...
  15. D

Any cyclist on here

Quantico Marine Corp base has a trail network. They let non DoD civilians on for certain events, such as.... http://www.quanticoepic1.qmtb.org/ I remember the "Elevator" trail was a difficult climb, with a couple of asthma attacks to climb it.