GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Recent content by Dougy

1. D

Timing/Cam Belt Replacement

😮 So what will VW say if the belt goes before this?
  2. D

Timing/Cam Belt Replacement

Does anyone know the timing/cam belt replacement interval on the Mk8 1.5eTSI DSG engine? The VW manual doesn't tell you and the website just says as specified??
  3. D

Tailgate rubbing against bumper

I've searched the forum, but can't find any reference to this. Does anyone suffer from their tailgate rubbing against the bumper? Mine has rubbed down to bare metal. I initially mentioned it at the first service at 6 months and the dealer said it was small stones getting trapped. Now nearly 3...
  4. D

Heating control lights?

Voice control of the heating isn’t available on the Life edition
  5. D

Heating control lights?

I was about to add that to my list of faults before mine goes back in for the 4 time in 7 months. It’s ridiculous that you can’t see the heater and volume controls when you drive in the dark
  6. D

Travel assist problems.

Still no word from Germany on a update to cure this fault. My car decided to give me a silent journey on Monday. No radio, media or mobile phone sound. Has to leave it four hours to rectify itself. This happened after the latest update was pushed to the media unit.
  7. D

Travel assist problems.

So having dropped my car off one afternoon to have the travel assist problem looked at again, when I picked it up at close of business the following day I was advised that VW are working on a new software update and the dealer would contact me as soon as it’s available. That was 6 weeks ago...
  8. D

Travel assist problems.

spoke to my local garage again today, they apologised and said they are having more reports of faults with travel assist then they are have mechanical problems!!! car booked in again on the 15th June
  9. D

Travel assist problems.

New problems now. With travel assist at 60, the computer drops to 37 then 60 until the speed is reached then drops to 37, then 60 and so on
  10. D

Travel assist problems.

My car went into the dealer today. The technician advised that there was a VW technical bulletin regarding the Travel Assist and AC problems. they have updated the software on the 5F module from version 1788 to 1803. I shall see if that rectifies the problems.
  11. D

Travel assist problems.

I’m having the same problem. It’s very intermediate. I can drive down a stretch of dual carriage way and it shows 110 on the road sign. If I enter a 60 zone, the car brakes. I can drive down the same stretch of road another day and it’s fine. another thing I’ve noticed, if I’m using google...
  12. D

A/C controls freeze

I’ve had the same problems. Turned the AC down to 18c, couldn’t turn it back up without switching ignition off. If I went into the Clima menu, the only icons were power and one other. The power wouldn’t work!