GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Recent content by g-magoo

1. g-magoo

THE Formula One Thread

Hot off the technical directive press, TD018, all teams must to conform to by Sept 8th. Fresh flexi-wing clampdown The four key design elements focused on are: 1) Wing elements that can translate vertically, longitudinally or laterally relative to the bodywork that they are fixed to. 2)...
  2. g-magoo

THE Formula One Thread

No idea, I didn't sit there and count the overtakes... someone else did though. Lap 2 Alonso on Norris for P 2 Lap 2 Ocon on Hamilton for P 11 Lap 2 Perez on Ocon for P 11 Lap 2 Perez on Hamilton for P 13 Lap 2 Perez on Sargeant for P 14 Lap 3 Perez on Russell for P 1 Lap 3 Russell on...
  3. g-magoo

THE Formula One Thread

Good race aside from knowing the winner before the race started. Fun fact; new F1 record for total number of overtakes in a race.... 175. 102 in the first 5 laps.
  4. g-magoo

THE Formula One Thread

Merc's stroopwafel GP track maps, 2022 vs 2023. Pretty much useless in terms of accuracy. I'd like to see real qualifying data done in the same style, and/or with other teams. 2022 2023
  5. g-magoo

THE Formula One Thread

I think after Checo's results this weekend, Japan is the earliest for the WDC. Also assuming Perez scores 0 points the next 4 races. A couple of cool photos I came across.
  6. g-magoo

THE Formula One Thread

So Alpine just sacked Otmar and Permane effective after Spa, then their CEO a week ago. Plus the FIA is now looking into the performance gap between Alpine and the other PU manufacturers, as Alpine pushes for equalization. Add losing Piastri and Alonso last year.... they really are the shit-show...
  7. g-magoo

THE Formula One Thread

Not remotely surprised it was cheaper. Sounds like a better race to attend anyways. More upgrades for the Merc.
  8. g-magoo

THE Formula One Thread

So F1 doing what F1 does. This is could pass as a Bernie Ecclestone move. In all seriousness, I hope Vegas is a huge failure.
  9. g-magoo

THE Formula One Thread

More like, 'oh, penalties to CFD time for spending above the budget? no probs.'
  10. g-magoo

THE Formula One Thread

Interesting bit I found while reading an article where Sam Collins touches on how RB has been able to bring some significant aero related upgrades (new sidepods), while working around the restricted wind tunnel time. "What Red Bull have done here is quite interesting, because they've read the...
  11. g-magoo

THE Formula One Thread

2010 for sure, only 16 points between the top 4 drivers over the whole season. Honorable mention for 2012, 7 different winners in the first 7 races, only 3 points between VET and ALO at the end of the season. BUT and HAM were hampered by the poor reliability on the McLaren or they would have...
  12. g-magoo

THE Formula One Thread

Boring for sure in most regards. Hungary only had 16 overtakes on-track yesterday compared to 65 overtakes last year, but most action worth watching this season has been P2 through P20. Unfortunately for everyone else on the grid, Max is a generational talent and in the current best car/team on...
  13. g-magoo

THE Formula One Thread

Literally felt the same when I saw it. Newey and Horner probably want to round house Checo right about now.
  14. g-magoo

THE Formula One Thread

FP1 was useless, except that Perez showed RB's new floor off to everyone 4 min into the session. What a nice guy. LOL
  15. g-magoo

THE Formula One Thread

RB took the zero pod concept and turned it 90 degrees. There will obviously be better photos as we get into the weekend. Quite impressive.