GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Recent content by Genegenie

1. G

I Put Lipstick On My GTI, Should I Add Teeth?

Absolutely, most definately :). Seriously, it's YOUR car so do to it what makes YOU happy (y)...
  2. G

Not Removing Shipping Blocks Is Still A Thing

Not an excuse but last time I, & others I spoke to, visited my dealership it made the Mary Celeste (1872 empty mystery ship) look a full ocean liner, seems they let staff go during lockdown but didn't bring them back or relace them. But obv not good, shouldn't happen, bet car felt like a roller...
  3. G

Still Take Care With Mk8 Keyfobs

Quoting self: "So: 2021 1.5 Manual Style: whilst removing change out of my pocket I noticed 'something' (not moths;)) fall to the floor, put my foot on it seemed to be a piece of metal. As one for 'picking up junk' I picked it up, seemed familar & long story short was a metal clip from my...
  4. G

Mk8 Orders

Good for you ;) don't forget to post details on New Car Day, it's kinda 'the law' around here:)....
  5. G

Take Care With Ignition Keyfobs

I also preferred the older ones but yeah new keyfobs do scratch easily, seems they can easily fall apart too....
  6. G

Take Care With Ignition Keyfobs

So: 2021 1.5 Manual Style: whilst removing change out of my pocket I noticed 'something' (not moths;)) fall to the floor, put my foot on it seemed to be a piece of metal. As one for 'picking up junk' I picked it up, seemed familar & long story short was a metal clip from my iginition keyfob...
  7. G

Mk 8 Hood Strut replacement -ECS or Raceline?

Had gas strut(s), forget if 1 or 2, on rear hatch of my Mk5 Golf both instantly fail, it dropped and hit me on the head, not hard but gave me 'something to think about'. Kinda faunny I guess on a level, but a dropped bonnet would cause some obv injury. Don't like the cheapo 'bonnet prop', also...
  8. G

How to get rid of "GTI" Logo on Front Grille

Me, I'd get thw pattern part & fit that, don't wanna risk damaging original GTI strip....
  9. G

Infotainment Hardware and Software Updates

The last time VW dealer advised to do OTA update was told (straight face, so presumably with all seriousness), pretty much word for word, ready: "you don't need to be driving the car, just turn on the ignition, don't start it but leave it outside, not in your garage so as to recieve a clear...
  10. G

New 8.5 GTI showcased through press release on I.D 7 - Chat GPT

He mentions a manual being available in non-hybrid spec toward the end of the 2nd video. Overall I like it, speaking as I find (!), think the lite up VW is a tad 'fussy' but like the slight upward- angled lower dash panel (forget what it's called, where the gear lever Authold buttons are) &...
  11. G

Keyless entry.

Thanks for replies / info, tho obv not my post. I really do speak as I find and am very much 'a try it for yourself' person as, well, you never know for sure until you do try it. As with my comments on DSG 'boxes (know people who had issues, one I test drove tried to embed itself into garage...
  12. G

Keyless entry.

Serious question: how do people find keyless entry in operation ? Not being a 'negative ninny' but speaking as I find, I know two drivers with keyless entry cars, a Hyundai & a Renault and both report their cars locking & unlocking whenever the car feels like it. E.g. lock the car, walk away...
  13. G

I'm sure the above is but I personally know 4 ex-VW owners (Golf, Polo, Touran & T-Roc - poss use same 'box ?) who on their cars reaching 35,000-40,000miles their gearboxes developed a life of their, randomly changing gear up & down or refusing to select any gears esp reverse making the drivers...
  14. G

Had a quick browse of a brief preview in a UK magazine, said there was no mensh of manual, shame if true....
  15. G

Infotainment Hardware and Software Updates

Hear what your saying, car is on PCP ends sometime this year mostly like it but prob won't be keeping so not over-fussed, may give it a try just before hand over, we'll see....