GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Recent content by geokilla

1. G

What's the thought on a 2016 Volvo s60 polestar?

Check out Swedespeed to learn more about the car and if you have questions. The 6 cylinder one is the Polestar to have. It's super special and despite being mated to the 6 speed auto, it still hauls for a Volvo wagon. I remember when I sat in it as a passenger with 4 other friends. The 5 of us...
  2. G

Toyota GR Corolla Discussion

If he's tuned, it's probably closer to 300HP at the wheels. Most dynos show GR Yaris making 270HP to 280HP at the wheels. Either way, they're really, really quick.
  3. G

2023 Toyota GR Corolla, Explained by Its Chief Engineer: 'Americans Demand Power' Naoyuki Sakamoto gives C/D the details on everything from engine design to chassis welds on the new hot hatch—and laughs out loud at the idea this car's AWD and a RAV4's have anything in common.At the reveal of...
  4. G

Say Goodbye to ICE Performance Cars

It's CAFE with exceptions and less strict requirements for trucks. Trucks being CUVs and SUVs and pick up trucks.
  5. G

Canadians didn't get cheap MK7 and MK7.5 GTIs like Americans did. A base GTI manual was always about $30k + tax and PDI if I remember correctly. So out the door, it's almost $37k including taxes.
  6. G

Majority of the GTIs at the track are Autobahn up here.... Stock for stock, the GR Corolla should be faster than a MK7 or MK8 GTI. Tuned, I think the EA888 wins. However I've read of GR Yaris making over 500HP on mainly stock internals. Must be some serious tuning. I love the centre exhaust...
  7. G

It's just that I don't like the idea of having to shift and clutch all the time in my commute. Toronto rush hour traffic is literally stop and go. A 20 minute drive to get to work can easily take over an hour pre-COVID. Those 3 cylinders make 300HP stock. It's basically a rally car for the...
  8. G

Motor Trend First Look It’s finally here. I think I found my next car after my GTI. Now the only question is, when will an automatic or DCT be available? Not offering an automatic means Toyota is missing out on a large chunk of market share in North America. I, and probably many others, simply...
  9. G

Crossover got jacked. Ideas for a new one.

Highly second Volvo XC60 or V60 Recharge. Highly underrated vehicle and it's a shame we don't see more in Toronto. With gas prices almost $2/L for premium in Toronto, filling up hurts. Just don't go for the biggest wheels Volvo offers. OP and I both know how bad our roads are.