GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Recent content by Gio_57

1. G

We Connect is total pants.

It’s probably because the data connection in the car is running on the equivalent of 2g or some other slow crap
  2. G

Infotainment screen completely off.

I had this issue. Mine is a company car and work wern’t very happy with me driving mid winter with no ability to defrost windscreen etc. On my way to swap car with another one in the fleet it miraculously came back on having not worked for 6 days. Booked it into dealer and was given 1890. Not...
  3. G

Infotainment Hardware and Software Updates

Car has been in with dealer today as centre console screen was totally off for a few days last week. Mentioned MPH/KPH and cruise control undertake fault also. Has come back on 1890 and in the short drive home things feels slightly more refined and responsive. Not been able to fully test if it...
  4. G

Mk8 Buttons

When the iPhone came out, Steve Jobs said on stage how physical buttons on old mobile phones are always there whether you want them or not. This is why touch screens are so great as you can change what you are touching. What angers me sooo much about touch buttons in the golf is that unlike a...
  5. G

Alexa?

It’s a load of shite, don’t even bother
  6. G

Android Auto Wireless

If it ends up being like the wireless carplay on my golf then you will resort back to using a wire after 2 trips…
  7. G

MK8 Alarm issues?

Thanks for this Martin! A really useful insight. The frequency of mine seem to have slowed down which is correlated to me using the car more as we come out of lockdown so your theory of battery drain problems does still hold some merit. I have however never had a problem of insufficient power to...
  8. G

MK 8 start stop / drive train error engine cut out

I have found that the stop start on the mk8 is no where near as good as the mk7
  9. G

MK8 Alarm issues?

Just an update in case anyone is having this problem. Car went in to the dealer 2 days ago. They claim to have done a software update that had interior monitoring updates so we will see. If this doesnt resolve it then they will be replacing the sensor units. Car was also meant to have another...
  10. G

Golf 8 - Wireless Charging behaviour

This must be blaming the magsafe in the iPhone 12’s. Very interesting!
  11. G

Gear number in display?

By active display do you mean digital dash? I have my digital dash set to have the left revometer with the gear selection in it and the right speedometer with the current song playing. Just keep smashing the view button and the left and right selection buttons on the right hand set of steering...
  12. G

MK8 Alarm issues?

Nothing in the OBD port as far as I am aware. The car has a tracker but this is just GPS and not telematics. Great shout though, appreciated!
  13. G

MK8 Alarm issues?

Great r Great reply as I thought it was also battery drain!! I don’t have a dashcam but it does have a company car tracker on it. I had the company who installed it come out to check it was wired right to confirm this wasnt it. All was fine their side but will definitely investigate a possible...
  14. G

MK8 Alarm issues?

Thanks for this info Martin, really appreciated. Weirdly mine is saying an activation internally. Yes like you its tough to pinpoint it happening after any specific drives as some can be a few days parked some can be a few hours parked. Guess it’s time for a chat to the dealer. Not holding out...
  15. G

MK8 Alarm issues?

Hey everyone, Aside from the usual issues faced by many I get an unusual amount of anti theft alarms triggered on my MK8 Life. The neighbours really aren’t amused. Anyone else had this before I go speaking with the dealer?