GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Recent content by GTI*59

1. GTI*59

Dash cam idiots

I think our boy was tired. I know I was.
  2. GTI*59

Favorite tools? Tool collectors? Trades?

Those are pretty. I'll try snapon if my SKs ever break. Agreed. Some of my Pittsburgh tools won't budge. Not complaining though lol. Good tools for good work. I've spent lots of time reading through your guides. Thank you. I've heard. My Makitas are holding strong for now. I recently picked...
  3. GTI*59

If you were buying again DSG or MT

Great point with those mods you mentioned. I did all of them. Changing the shifter was a revelation lol. I went with a Raceseng knob that weighs about a pound. I went back to the golf ball for a day and it felt like a toy. I don't feel the need for a short shift kit but I think the bushings and...
  4. GTI*59

If you were buying again DSG or MT

I've been driving my 6MT GTI for almost six years now. Not looking for another car anytime soon but if I were to get... another GTI -> manual. Golf R -> DSG. I'm currently on stock turbo stage 2. It felt a bit hairy managing 3 pedals and the stick when I first tuned but it's pretty easy now...
  5. GTI*59

Favorite tools? Tool collectors? Trades?

Anyone collect nice tools? Hand tools, power tools, digital tools, diagnostic tools, ... what do you like? Here are a few I've become fond of from working on my GTI and venturing into carpentry. M12 Stubby 3/8" impact hands down. Sunex master socket set to go with it like bread and butter...