GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Recent content by Handydave

1. H

1.5 auto mpg?

50 mpg in summer (with a relatively light foot) 45 mpg in winter
  2. H

Infotainment Hardware and Software Updates

@Doctor71 @koolmacher Could this be a cure for your centre console rattle? Post in thread 'Noise coming from the center console' https://www.golfmk8.com/forums/index.php?threads/noise-coming-from-the-center-console.389282/post-7728471
  3. H

Warning: 1896 software disaster.

I agree with the ‘holding off if it ain’t broke‘ point. Following the new steering wheel (no more Travel Assist/Emergency Assist dings) and the 91BU software update for the OCU (which fixed the greyed out globe issues) our 2020 Style on 1668 has been behaving perfectly. Not rushing to get the...
  4. H

Brakes feeling odd

Yes. The braking effect seems to lessen noticeably as you slow to a halt. I think it’s the regenerative braking switching off at around 5mph or so, and you have to press a bit harder on the brake pedal to maintain your rate of deceleration.
  5. H

Are there criteria for applying 2066316/1 apart from the three other TPIs that you mention?
  6. H

Travel assist and emergency assist errors

Yes, frequent pinging and Travel Assist / Emergency Assist were very annoying before the steering wheel was replaced in Jan 2021. Almost completely solved (have had a couple of instances in damp weather). See this post...
  7. H

This circle of blame is extremely unsatisfactory. Perhaps you need to email Dr. Herbert Diess, Chairman of the Board of Management of Volkswagen AG, (herbert.diess@volkswagen.de) to tell him of the significant reputational damage to his brand that is being inflicted by VW UK and your VW dealer.
  8. H

Good luck. Usually the best way is to keep the letter fairly short and impeccably polite. Your case is bad enough to speak for itself. You want to get the Executive Complaints Team (for that's who it will be sent to) on-side, rather than alienate them. (Not saying you would do anything...
  9. H

Alex Smith, MD Volkswagen Group UK Ltd alex.smith@volkswagen.co.uk Yeomans Drive Blakelands MILTON KEYNES, MK14 5AN
  10. H

I think this is the first report I’ve seen of the infotainment software version being updated OTA.
  11. H

@SRGTD is right. In practice, after 1 month anyone who rejects a car is really selling it back to the dealer (because the dealer can make a reasonable deduction for mileage used). In the current buoyant used car market, you might not lose much. The problem, as @SRGTD points out, will you be...
  12. H

It’s actually the Emergency Assist function, which detects if the driver is no longer in control (by sensing no hands on the steering wheel) and brings the car to a controlled stop. Different from the SOS button. The common factor with Travel Assist and Emergency Assist is they both rely on...
  13. H

Like @T-bro I have not found the temp or volume sliders to be laggy. They are not particularly convenient, but it’s not a show-stopper for me. Why? Because there are perfectly good volume controls on the steering wheel which are easy to use by the driver (not laggy). And once I’ve set the...
  14. H

According to @Massimo 2323 (who knows about these things) the new hardware won't become available until model year 2023. Here's his post: https://www.golfmk8.com/forums/index.php?threads/praise-be-vw-has-overhauled-the-golf-8s-annoying-infotainment-system.392166/post-7749102 The new model year...