GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Recent content by IanCH

1. IanCH

Anyone else mining

That sweet sweet 2% return
  2. IanCH

Anyone else mining

I recently found myself in a position where I had to sell my gti (for a bigger car) I was fortunate that the total cost of ownership of the gti for 2 years was $300 + interest on the loan. Good time to make a move! For cryptocurrencies this is not a good time to need your USD back, but there...
  3. IanCH

Anyone else mining

The only places to have put cash in the past 12 months that hasn't lost is illiquid low gain assets, savings accounts, or a g wagon. 2 of 3 of those got beat by inflation. So what should you have done during this time? Buy assets and stocks and hold them with money you don't need as a safety...
  4. IanCH

The COVID19 SCAMdemic... WW3 Is 2 Days Away - Another Distraction From This Administration's Epic Fails

This is my favorite thread title yet. Imagine caring about gas prices :ROFLMAO: Pull yourself up by your bootstraps and make it work! Oh wait. That's only bullshit you tell other people to distract from your shitty life.
  5. IanCH

PC Building

Seems that my 5700xt liquid devil could be worth 850-900 used on ebay Thinking that a 6900xt red devil and an EK block is in my future. Sadly I didn't jump on the liquid devil when I had the chance.
  6. IanCH

PC Building

Theres a really big difference between a monitor you sit 1-2ft from and a tv that is across the room. There is no doubt that both 1440p and 4k are a massive improvement in IQ over 1080p That said, 1440p is the sweet spot right now, both in pixel density and display size @ 27in
  7. IanCH

PC Building

So, it never seems that the brands and models of these monitor arms stay around so I havent used this specific model, but I get my monitors stacked vertically and its quite nice for having a stream or video window up on top. My stand is like this one...
  8. IanCH

PC Building

So what's your solution for being able to see your desktop while gaming? basically just playing in windowed mode is the only way I know of. Multiple monitors is a must have, I have 3 monitors. 2x 2560x1440 and 1x 2560x1080
  9. IanCH

PC Building

Playing some games on ultrawide is super weird (i have one at work, I've done it) and the FOV gets very screwy. But still, the major point is that 1 display is not enough and most people dont have room for an ultrawide and another display on their desk. For productivity, desktop use ultrawide...
  10. IanCH

PC Building

So... 1440p (2560x1440) is the sweet spot for gaming right now, good 27in ips 144hz+ displays are reasonable in price Ultrawide has poor support in some games, I still feel that multi monitor is ideal for gaming because you want to see your desktop in most cases. There is a next generation of...
  11. IanCH

PC Building

I guess you just dont understand at all what I am saying, but you are claiming that I am wrong :ROFLMAO: So funny man, you have a lot of learning to do. Freesync and other tools are only useful if your computer cant run up to the monitor refresh rate. I have never once even needed to use it...
  12. IanCH

PC Building

The power levels should stay the same since they are kind of at the limit right now (I say this as someone who owned a voltmodded 2900xt back in the day) I guess take my point another way, anyone needing 144fps is doing so for competetive games, and you already dont run those games at max...
  13. IanCH

PC Building

It only looks like that to people who just started paying attention. 2018 saw a much bigger bust than this and everything came back bigger in the future. I'm not saying it will go one way or the other, but those who are invested in mining are taking the view that it will come back.
  14. IanCH

PC Building

almost nobody is mining BTC, but those who are mining other coins dont much care about the trading price. They are accumulating coins for the future and dont convert it into fiat.
  15. IanCH

PC Building

A friend of mine just got a cyperpower rig that has a 3080. It's built in a Lian-Li Case with some good hardware. Seems like as long as the rig you get has good bones you can fix the little stuff over time. The biggest place these builder companies skimp on is RAM and the quality of the...