GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Recent content by jnj2455

1. jnj2455

Apparently my neighbors don't like VW's. . .

Do you have any idea who could've written it? I would say something with the local cops- just to get it on record. Also, LOL- I went to Michigan as a senior at uni for my FSAE competition and the thing I first noticed above all else was that I only saw one E90 328xi on the road whilst...
  2. jnj2455

What 6 cars would you have in your dream garage?

Almost got a E46 330Ci ZHP black on navy top 6MT in pristine (then 3 year old) condition in 2008. But of course, my parents stepped in and ruined everything that is right in the world and it slipped away from my hands.
  3. jnj2455

What 6 cars would you have in your dream garage?

RS6 Avant 993 911 Turbo S 991 911 Targa BMW 3.0CSi/ 3.0CSL W123 TD Wagon/Saloon Toyota 2000GT Edit: dammit, I wanted to squeeze in a E46 330Ci ZHP- My teenage wet dream.
  4. jnj2455

The Next Car Swap

I stupidly test drove a M235i AT yesterday at the place near my parents' house (they didn't have a manual, of course) and then I even tried working out some finance numbers and lied my 25 year old ass off to the incredulous dad-figure salesman that I could afford it. If only I didn't have that...
  5. jnj2455

Robin Williams dead at 63

My friends and I have been swapping stories about movies he was in from our childhood tonight. Jumanji and peter pan and mrs. doubt fire were my 90s staple. RIP good sir.
  6. jnj2455

5 Thoughts I had daily driving a 19 y/o car instead of the GTI

Surprisingly (or unsurprisingly), the Camry has more but if the GTI could make it up to 172,000, I'd wager that it would have a crap ton of rattles. It's ok right now but this past winter, coupled with the low prof tires/potholes, the GTI was rattling from the dash cubby and right door panel and...
  7. jnj2455

5 Thoughts I had daily driving a 19 y/o car instead of the GTI

Disclaimer: This is a long article that I wrote as somewhat of a joke for my coworkers who, for some odd reason, were genuinely interested in my thoughts of jumping from my beloved GTI to an old family car. I’m not a journalist by any stretch of the imagination and by all technicalities, English...
  8. jnj2455

General Car, Inferior or Superior Interior, & Eternal Mullet Barge Discussion Thread

http://gawker.com/teens-fail-to-steal-elderly-womans-car-because-they-can-1595811109/all I'm happy to say that me and some of my younger coworkers have: (me)- 24- manual GTI 23- manual Mustang 25- manual Legacy 29- manual Veloster 26- manual 335i Then again, we all have technical engineering...
  9. jnj2455

Switching Jobs

It's part of the fucked up world that we are in today with the amount of connectivity that we have. For a while, my role in my project required me to do avg. 55 hour weeks and I was BURNT out. And the sad thing, I know certain people easily eclipse 55 hours like its nothing. My work phone is...
  10. jnj2455

Switching Jobs

I can't exactly relate to your situation but here was what happened with mine. A guy in my fraternity and fellow engineer major met my old boss in an airport randomly while sharing stories with each other. Through the grapevine, I got the manager's number and it was an engineering consulting...
  11. jnj2455

General Car, Inferior or Superior Interior, & Eternal Mullet Barge Discussion Thread

I didn't think they were that bad. A buddy of mine who's in law school now has one and it hasn't left him stranded yet. So I creeped around last night before going out: Convertible is the now-old generation. What's the difference again? :laugh:
  12. jnj2455

So someone got a new Mini Cooper on my block. I first noticed it the other day and I literally stood there and stared at it for a good 10 mins before I thought "hmmm, this must be the newest redesigned Cooper". It's a little fatter, little wider but even at a 3 second glance, it's SO hard to...
  13. jnj2455

Convincing My mother to get a passat

As much as I rip on the Passat for being a land yacht that has lost its ways, I would recommend it over the current Camry. I think I'm very biased now towards German products. However, I think very highly of the new Avalon and have ridden in a few Avalon taxis here in NYC and in Boston and it...
  14. jnj2455

idk where else to really put this without looking too hard but I finally drove a DSG for an extended period of time (my pop's new car as aforementioned) and I can't say I love it... I was sitting in traffic for a while and my first thought was this is freaking jerky for an "automatic"
  15. jnj2455

My problem is, once I exceed my patience threshold I'll probs just start flogging my kids. So.... yah...