GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Recent content by keithoc

1. K

A/C controls freeze

That’s great. Thanks. Would be very keen to know if works for you! I’ll be bringing mine back for the same update if it does.
  2. K

Seat belt rubbing of seat. Noise!

Does anyone else have the problem whereby the seatbelt stalk rubs off the drivers seat? It’s driving me mad. The seat creaks and makes noises as a result. It seems to be too close to the seat. I’m not a big guy so it’s not like I’m forcing the seat into any strange shapes.
  3. K

A/C controls freeze

Got a software update about 2 weeks ago. So far, so good.
  4. K

Golf beeps (bongs) when I’m near home

Yep I have that. I can see all the travel assist controls in the infotainment system.
  5. K

That’s the thing. Nothing pops up on any display. Now you mention it the other chimes have been near larger roundabouts. My software is on 1788. Thanks for the lead.
  6. K

Golf prompting for oil change at 100km

VW called me back to the garage yesterday and installed a software update which was supposed to sort this, but it hasn’t.
  7. K

My new Golf does this thing where it seems to chime loudly when I get to a certain point on the road on my way home. It also does it randomly when I’m out and about. I thought I was going mad but I’ve noticed the pattern. Anyone know what system is doing this or how I stop it?
  8. K

A/C controls freeze

Thanks for the reply! Both attached!
  9. K

Golf prompting for oil change at 100km

This might save people a few phone calls. My new Golf MK8 was prompting for an oil change at 100km after only 24km on the clock. I had it back with VW yesterday and it's a known SW bug, but it won't be fixed for about 2 months, so you have to live with it!
  10. K

Glass panoramic roof and some other things...

I have one on the MK8. It's great. It works fine and no noticeable change in noise compared to previous 7.5. Only complaint is that it doesn't extend far enough back. Aside from that all good.
  11. K

A/C controls freeze

Hi. I've recently purchased a new Gold MK8 Style (MHEV) and I've noticed the a/c controls freezing (can't change any setting on screen). Other controls working fine. It's OK after car restarts but happened 3 times now in a week. Very annoying as there are no physical buttons. Anyone else have...