GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

kep's latest activity

• kep
    kep replied to the thread CAI question.
    If you're looking for performance, I have never seen actual data indicating that any of these help. Flow bench data does not tell the...
  • kep
    kep replied to the thread winter beater Golf R.
    Did a haldex fluid change and checked the pump filter mesh at 110k miles. I hadn't removed the pump in 60k miles and the mesh was was...
  • kep
    kep replied to the thread daujin_mk7's GTI.
    I've never seen had nor heard of that issue. Was a DSG fluid service recently performed? Maybe it was overfilled.
  • kep
    kep reacted to scrllock's post in the thread Coilover dilemma with Like Like.
    of the options OP listed, they're much easier to have serviced and require much less service than a true race strut like MCS.
  • kep
    Confirmed fitment of my Ti shims. Here's the file if anyone wants to have some made. A pair ran me $60 from sendcutsend, cheaper than...
  • kep
    kep replied to the thread Coilover dilemma.
    Ohlins are nice, but require more frequent service intervals than the simpler options.
  • kep
    Did they shorten their bump stops or something? I've bottomed out my car plenty of times with 235 RT660s and never rubbed anything
  • kep
    Having brakes that can withstand track heat is more important than having perfect balance. I run RSL29 front pads, which are a medium...
  • kep
    235/40/R18 will fit easy. Plenty of 255/35/R18 will also, but may be tight on the rear of a GTI.
  • kep
    Speaking of which, I just got my shims in the mail. Visually, the fitment looks good, I'll post the dxf file once I put them on my car...
    • IMG_3092.JPG
  • kep
    I’m planning on taking my car to a SCCA Time Trial or two, and would like to stay in the S3 class, so no major upgrades for me. I’ve...
  • kep
    kep replied to the thread dedicated track pads.
    I just designed and ordered a set of Ti shims from SCS. If there is interest I could set up a group buy to bring the cost down.
  • kep
    Front pads had their backing plates very warped. Single piston brakes don’t really make sense in a car of this size…
    • IMG_3084.jpeg
  • kep
    kep replied to the thread dedicated track pads.
    Surprised that those pads don't have the metal springs on the ears. Were they rattly?
  • kep
    Does this help: