1. M

Infotainment System Restarting Randomly

That is thanks to all of the beta testing some of us have performed 😉
  2. M

I love the MK 8 Golf, BUT......

Thanks, that might be worth a try.
  3. M

Thanks for mentioning that. 1) I keep that turned off. It also picks up speed limits from the satnav, and those are wildly inaccurate in my area. 2) I have that turned on. The adaptive cruise control does an excellent job slowing down when approaching actual intersections and roundabouts. So I...
  4. M

I agree with SRGTD, in particular regarding the software bugs. I got the car August 2020, and it took VW two years to take it from nightmare to acceptable, but not perfect. The feature I miss the most is the ability to make travel assist sticky, so it re-engages when I re-engage cruise control...
  5. M

Infotainment system rebooting

Has been happening to me too, after update to 1899. Four times in January, once a few days ago. Might be correlated to cold weather. Edit: I cannot say whether it also happened on 1896. My car has had a large variety of bugs over time, so it is difficult to keep track. Another person has...
  6. M

Infotainment Hardware and Software Updates

I am also now on 1899. It is my impression that the jerky breaking is still the same. I managed to get photos of the (very sketchy) release notes.
  7. M

No mk9 Golf?

IMHO is not a VW code. It is an abbreviation that means “in my humble opinion”.
  8. M

Do you think the new CarPlay features might make it to the MK8?

They know that they have messed up big time. They also seem to believe that they can fix it. We will see about that. From a software professional‘s perspective, it’s going to be interesting to follow.
  9. M

Do you think the new CarPlay features might make it to the MK8?

Danish newspaper Børsen has an article (in Danish, and probably requires a free profile to read) today on the new “all-encompassing“ CarPlay experience that Apple has announced. They interview Thomas Schäfer, from July 2022 the CEO of VW Passenger Cars. He firmly states that VW will not adopt...
  10. M

Inductive steering wheel

Probably error. I did a test today to be sure. I don’t find 17:35 comfortable, but I can hold there (or even lower) without TA disengaging. Two fingers from each hand is enough.
  11. M

I was worried about the same thing when I had my steering wheel replaced in January. However, the replacement wheel was identical to the original one, which had physical buttons.
  12. M

No mk9 Golf?

I agree with both your points. And on top of that is VW’s appalling lack of customer support - at least in Denmark. I have ordered an electric car to replace my Golf, and I didn’t even consider a VW.
  13. M

My car is on 1810 (updated from 16xx in January). It has the 91CU recall when I look up my vin. I am confused. Does that mean it will be updated OTA, or does it have to be updated at the workshop?
  14. M

I frequently experience this with CarPlay. My workaround is to switch to radio (sound comes on) and then back to CarPlay (sound stays on).
  15. M

GPS position is out of sync

I have experienced something similar 3-4 times starting about a month ago. eTSI Style from 2020 running software 1810 since January. It received about 5 small updates around the same time, but impossible to say whether one of them caused it. Saturday, the SOS unit broke down. A new one was...