GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Recent content by M4ttV

1. M4ttV

Warning Triangle

Yes it fits:
  2. M4ttV

Warning Triangle

On order. Currently somewhere between here and Germany. Will report once it arrives.
  3. M4ttV

Warning Triangle

I am hoping this will fit - https://www.louis-moto.co.uk/artikel/euro-warning-triangle-micro-package-size-43x4-5x3cm/10001036
  4. M4ttV

Travel assist problems.

I've reported this on both cars since July last year. Amazing how little info gets from dealers to VW. Well it isn't really as the info you give the service reception team rarely makes it to the actual service department mechanics and is never in the same detail on the job cards. I have handed...
  5. M4ttV

Travel assist problems.

Had 11 months so far over 2 years trying to get this sorted. (1st car rejected (1.5 etsi Life)) 2nd (1.5 etsi Style 2020 wk 41, 1668) has had the SOS control unit replaced, 2 sets of software updates and now the car to go in again next week to check the control units wiring.
  6. M4ttV

Emergency SOS Error

Am taking the car in again as VW have now asked the dealer to do some wiring checks for the control modules.
  7. M4ttV

Emergency SOS Error

Had the SOS unit replaced in both of mine, and still occurring....
  8. M4ttV

Emergency SOS Error

I think the SOS button light is always on. It's the status light in front of it which shows status: "Indicator lamp for the Emergency Call Service There is an indicator lamp in the control. Depending on the operational status of the emergency call system in the vehicle, the indicator lamp...
  9. M4ttV

Emergency SOS Error

Had this on my first Mk8 in Jun 2020, rejected and replaced in December as they could not fix. Same on the 2nd one, and they still cannot resolve. Was at the dealer again this week. Currently on 1668. Always occurs in the same places.
  10. M4ttV

Software Update

Had this on both my Golf 8s. Happens at various locations. now got 1668, but not fixed. Only way to stop it happening is to set privacy to maximum. Which removes other functionaility. Car is going in again on Wednesday….
  11. M4ttV

Travel assist problems.

Yes, had that lots of times. You will also notice it also activates undertake prevent when you overtake as it assumes you are driving on the other side of the road so assumes an overtake is an undertake. Effectively the control unit has crashed, restarts and fails to apply the UK settings.
  12. M4ttV

Has anyone managed to get the centre speaker clicking and subsequent issues resolved?

OK makes sense. It's going in on the 14th for what they are calling update 2.1. Not sure what this means but probably just the latest software. They said they had a large number of new cars VW would not let them register and sell to customers until this update was available and applied. (For the...
  13. M4ttV

Has anyone managed to get the centre speaker clicking and subsequent issues resolved?

1) You’ll see various references to the clicks in posts on this and the VWAF forum. 2) Correct , I am talking about the sat nav prompts which appear, or ability to set one of the dials to navigation. After the issue these do not work. 3) Soft or full reset do not resolve. I have posted the...
  14. M4ttV

I am now on my second Golf 8 which has the centre speaker clicking issue and then subsequent issues (SOS Emergency Call errors, Sat Nav no longer working in instrument display, loading settings error, car swapping to believe it is left hand drive & kmph speed limits etc). This car has been in...
  15. M4ttV

Losing data connection

I have the same situation. On my 2nd Golf 8, which has the same issue as the first (which was replaced). Just been in the dealer for the 2nd time for 2 weeks, various software updates, a new SOS system etc and still the issue exists. But still on software 1664. It is so frustrating as I reckon...