GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Recent content by Mattbates85

1. M

Emergency SOS Error

Did you get a constant your not driving in the centre of the road message? It’s always coming up even though I’m in the center of the road. Dam annoying
  2. M

Software Update

i get that message at least 3 time a week nothing to worry about 😅 , my new message of the week is "48v Battery Error please Tow to workshop stop the vehicle" followed by the engine cutting out. Rang the dealership and funny enough there's a software update for that ! i'm sure that's there...
  3. M

Software Update

I’m currently trying to get my car terminated with VW Uk. I’ve had enough with it now, if I can get out of the car I’ll go else where.
  4. M

Brakes !

Maybe it’s the crap nexus tyres that are the problem, I had a polo hire car the other day while mine was in the garage for its weekly software update and nearly went through the window
  5. M

Brakes !

Does anyone find the Mk8 golf brakes pretty woeful? My etsi 150 brakes feel terrible you really have to stand on them compared to my wife’s T Roc they are shite. Pretty much sums the car tbh
  6. M

Emergency SOS Error

mine is going in on Wednesday, I was greeted this morning with a 12v batter error please tow to the dealer along with the engine cutting out and 3 other errors. how these cars are road worthy god only knows !!!!
  7. M

Emergency SOS Error

So there’s a software update 1668 which I had on my previous car. The master technician said that the SOS works off the Esim which has its own signal and VW don’t have amazing coverage in the UK atm so when the SOS error comes up the car has lost signal, he also said things like CarX2 and other...
  8. M

Emergency SOS Error

Let’s face it the software they are using is garbage, I don’t know why they haven’t just re wrote the software from scratch for the car because these updates just seem to either start new problems or just do nothing. my dad has a X4 M competition with a similar system and has no issues. I’ve...
  9. M

Emergency SOS Error

So it shouldn’t be like this
  10. M

Emergency SOS Error

Thanks for the info bud, the green light goes off and the light when you pop open to reveal the button is red but come to think it’s red even when the green light is on and the system is working. it’s just one thing after another, my golf was built week 42 so should have been fine.
  11. M

Emergency SOS Error

I had 1668 on my previous car and it seemed to work ok. I did ask them to install this before collecting but as normal they didn’t ! Unless dealership
  12. M

Emergency SOS Error

Hi Guys, Having an issue with this Emergency SOS error, it started randomly doing this a week after getting my second Mk8 etsi ! the middle speaker crackles 2 twice then I get "Emergency SOS error Please contact the workshop" the only way to clear this is too leave the car off for 10 mins and...
  13. M

Software Update

It seems that the best fix is just to turn everything off in the car then 😂 I don’t think I’ve ever had a car with so many problems… it’s getting boring now.
  14. M

Software Update

So I got my new golf, this time the etsi 150 I have had it now just over 2 weeks and the problems have started! Emergency sos error call workshop any ideas why this is coming up ? I’ve managed to clear it a few times but it’s still randomly coming up, also the central speaker crackles twice...
  15. M

Software Update

From my experience having spoken to many people in my local dealership they are not been totally honest about what they know. I’ve found there’s a lot of we’re in contact with VW but can not disclose any details. Since having my second Mk8 which is running software 1664 touch wood the only issue...