GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Maturedriver's latest activity

• M
    Maturedriver replied to the thread Trouble with travel assist.
    Koolmacher, I very surprised that when going to all the trouble to replace your steering wheel to sort your travel assist issues they...
  • M
    Maturedriver reacted to SRGTD's post in the thread Self servicing new car with Like Like.
    Agree, it does seem like a good deal, and for VW it’s another way to generate revenue and keep customers coming back to their...
  • M
    Maturedriver replied to the thread Self servicing new car.
    SRGTD. Our current service plan covers 2 services. Assuming we don’t do high mileages I guess we would have to pay for the service at...
  • M
    When our service plan expires the following ‘All-in’ plan makes sense especially as it includes an extended warranty and MOTs. By then...
  • M
    SRGTD I did the same. Two services but I paid a bit more at about £280. I see the charge now is £386.
  • M
    You don’t have to have your car serviced by a main dealer but I did read somewhere that, although you can have it serviced by a...
  • M
    Maturedriver replied to the thread Software Update.
    Koolmacher, VW dealers are very reluctant to update software. Apparently it can take up to 5 hours and therefore the car will take up...
  • M
    Maturedriver reacted to chasb73's post in the thread Trouble with travel assist with Like Like.
    I suspect it’s because if the update fails you’ll be stuck with a broken car!
  • M
    Why oh why didn’t VW design their cars so that software could be updated over the air? Wake up one morning and everything is working...
  • M
    StopDinging, are you saying that due to the confusion between the two dealers there is actually no software currently available after...
  • M
    StopDinging, please let us know what your new software number is, when it is upgraded from 1668. Cheers.
  • M
    Maturedriver reacted to StopDinging's post in the thread Trouble with travel assist with Like Like.
    Quick update on this, I heard from the dealer on Monday that there is now a software update which supposedly fixes these issues, at...
  • M
    I have come to the conclusion that ALL Mk8 Golfs have software issues. Some have more issues than others. It’s pure luck that you have...
  • M
    It’s pointless contacting any manufacturer. Any problem with anything you buy is the responsibility of the dealer/shop you buy it from...
  • M
    Maturedriver replied to the thread Software Update.
    Had my software updated to 1668 on the 8th July which I hoped would sort out my car confusing kph with mph. Yesterday (9th August) it...