GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Recent content by Maturedriver

1. M

Trouble with travel assist

Koolmacher, I very surprised that when going to all the trouble to replace your steering wheel to sort your travel assist issues they didn’t update your software to 1668. Perhaps they know there is a newer update on the way so didn’t bother installing 1668 🤔🤔🤔? … Silly me! Why did I think that...
  2. M

Self servicing new car

SRGTD. Our current service plan covers 2 services. Assuming we don’t do high mileages I guess we would have to pay for the service at the end of year 3 (outside of any plan) before taking out the All-in plan which is only available for 3 to 6 old cars. Hope you could follow that? In addition to...
  3. M

Self servicing new car

When our service plan expires the following ‘All-in’ plan makes sense especially as it includes an extended warranty and MOTs. By then, though, it might not be available or considerably more expensive. Cars 3 to 6 years old All-in from Volkswagen gives you extra peace of mind and could save you...
  4. M

Self servicing new car

SRGTD I did the same. Two services but I paid a bit more at about £280. I see the charge now is £386.
  5. M

Self servicing new car

You don’t have to have your car serviced by a main dealer but I did read somewhere that, although you can have it serviced by a independent garage using genuine manufacture’s parts, it must be a VAT registered business. That would obviously rule out most individual owners from doing their own...
  6. M

Software Update

Koolmacher, VW dealers are very reluctant to update software. Apparently it can take up to 5 hours and therefore the car will take up space in their workshop. They will only do it if you express how serious you think your problem is. Massimo 2323, Thanks for clarifying that OTA software updates...
  7. M

Why oh why didn’t VW design their cars so that software could be updated over the air? Wake up one morning and everything is working tickets-boo and new functions have been added. Both my Apple iPhone and DJI drone can do this so why can’t my bloody car?
  8. M

StopDinging, are you saying that due to the confusion between the two dealers there is actually no software currently available after 1668? Why are they going to replace the radar/overhead control (I assume you mean the radar sensor in the grill and camera in the windscreen)? I thought our...
  9. M

StopDinging, please let us know what your new software number is, when it is upgraded from 1668. Cheers.
  10. M

Infotainment crashing and rebooting.

I have come to the conclusion that ALL Mk8 Golfs have software issues. Some have more issues than others. It’s pure luck that you have one with fewer problems. Yesterday I had a warning in red come up reading that the artificial sound generator was no longer working and to drive with care...
  11. M

It’s pointless contacting any manufacturer. Any problem with anything you buy is the responsibility of the dealer/shop you buy it from. You can only hope that your dealer liaises with VW to sort your/our problems.
  12. M

Software Update

Had my software updated to 1668 on the 8th July which I hoped would sort out my car confusing kph with mph. Yesterday (9th August) it started doing it again. With the cruise control set at 30 mph, suddenly the car showed 19 mph (which is actually 30 kph) on the cruise control speed display and...
  13. M

On YouTube there is an excellent video by volkswizard entitled ‘Dangerous faults that Volkswagen can’t fix - Mk8 GTi Clubsport update’. Describes our issues exactly.
  14. M

Rain?

I find that if a computer plays up the best cure is to throw it through a window whilst in a apoplectic rage. Sadly all my windows are smaller than a VW Golf 😤🤔🙄
  15. M

VW dealers must have policy of denying that they have reliability issues with some aspects of their cars. When the DSG gearbox failed on my previous Golf they said that they rarely have problems with the DSG. I’m convinced I saw the nose grow on the bloke from the service department who had the...