GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Recent content by MIKE PP.

1. MIKE PP.

Stains on window surround rubbers.

The rubbers just need a cleaner like I have used. The window surround on my Golf R looked liked the original post. I used a black rubber cleaner called Astonish black cleaner and it came back as good as new! Any restorer like black to black would bring the surround back like new for little...
  2. MIKE PP.

Stains on window surround rubbers.

I have used a black cleaner called Astonish. That bought mine back easily. I just wiped the seals with a clean cloth after applying some solution to the cloth. Any black restorer should bring them back like new again!
  3. MIKE PP.

Golf R 20

Car and Driver states The Golf R 20 Years' engine is tuned to produce 329 horsepower, an increase of 14 hp over the U.S.-spec car's 315 hp. There's also a feature called Emotion Start that revs the engine to 2500 rpm when you start up the car—basically just to create more noise. It is coming to...
  4. MIKE PP.

Golf R 20

There's a limited edition Golf R 20 coming to celebrate 20 years of the R. https://www.autocar.co.uk/car-news/new-cars/new-volkswagen-golf-r-20-years-most-powerful-production-golf
  5. MIKE PP.

Glass panoramic roof and some other things...

I have a sunroof on my Mk. 7 Golf R. I haven't experienced any problems with it and I prefer the look of the car with it. My car was treated with a protective coat to the interior which prevents spills and stains from marking the seats and trim. You could perhaps have that done, especially if...
  6. MIKE PP.

Dash rattle

Mine happens on rough/course surfaces but is worse in hot weather. Much less noticeable when cooler. Still haven't found what is causing the problem!
  7. MIKE PP.

Dash rattle

The rattle on mine is from the driver's door and sometimes the steering column,or both at the same time! It quietens down when warmed up and on smoother surfaces
  8. MIKE PP.

Golf R 8 drag race with Mercedes A45S

Is the A45 worth so much more than the GolfR?
  9. MIKE PP.

Comprehensive Golf MK8 Reviews & Discussions

GTI Clubsport acceleration video. NEW! Golf 8 GTI Clubsport (300hp) | Launch Contro…:
  10. MIKE PP.

Comprehensive Golf MK8 Reviews & Discussions

Mk8 Golf R, Blue. UK model.
  11. MIKE PP.

Glass panoramic roof and some other things...

I have the sunroof on a MK.7 Golf R. I haven't so far had any problems with it's operation or leaks. I would recommend it, the interior has more light and the roof can be left open with the mesh shade closed on a hot sunny day keeping the occupants cool. I don't find it noisy at speed if the...
  12. MIKE PP.

Dash rattle

My Mk7 has developed a dashboard rattle, it's annoying.
  13. MIKE PP.

Volkswizard video of the MK.8 GTI.

A comparison of the MK.8 GTI and the MK7.5 TCR VW's
  14. MIKE PP.

Videos and info of the GTI.

https://www.carscoops.com/2020/03/2021-vw-golf-gti-escapes-studio-gets-photographed-and-filmed-on-road-and-track/