GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Recent content by mkv_martinez

1. mkv_martinez

Stupid prizes

Hard to keep the ego & excitement in check on the motorcycle. Honestly one of the hardest parts of riding is using your head and trying to be careful. Super easy & fun to zip around cars going fast but its not usually the best idea.
  2. mkv_martinez

Implementation of Data Caps for Home Internet

I've been called crazy for years. As soon as companies like AT&T started buying content-companies (HBO and such) - I knew this was coming. We are within 5-10 years of paying high fees for capped internet access that includes "limitless" access to services you subscribe to also from that...
  3. mkv_martinez

The COVID19 SCAMdemic... WW3 Is 2 Days Away - Another Distraction From This Administration's Epic Fails

If someone can explain to me how Tower 7 fell the way it did, I will give you a free 2 day detail. Decon wash, compound , polish, ceramic coating - all of that (you gotta drive to me :) ) Just let me know how a tower that was not hit by a plane fell, and out of all the other towers in the area...
  4. mkv_martinez

The COVID19 SCAMdemic... WW3 Is 2 Days Away - Another Distraction From This Administration's Epic Fails

I saw this thread and posted in the first few pages but am trying to not be political on a car forum and have stayed away. I spend plenty of time on political boards for that 😂🤣 with that said, I am glad to see the info here is accurate and I don't need to step in and inform anyone of how the...
  5. mkv_martinez

Tried to Outrun Po-Po

You're the first person I have ever seen or met to actually articulate that. No one ever understands when I try to say those points. They are not conflicting. Are they militarized? Yes. Are they sometimes too aggressive and tought to assume everyone is out to get them? Also Yes Does that mean...
  6. mkv_martinez

Woops, looks like I forgot a word there - went back and added in a single "not"
  7. mkv_martinez

I mean it happens plenty in Canada as well, drugs are expensive in the US for lots of reasons; but thats not the main or only one...
  8. mkv_martinez

Well I mean people already do that with income, property, gas & I've even heard for cigarette taxes; not even to mention car insurance. so i don't see why this would be different
  9. mkv_martinez

How exactly are only the people living luxuriously being taxed? After a yearly spending limit? or are certain brands/products going to be designated? Is it just all products that are not necessities being taxed? Also, for being progressive; I did not see any mentions of scaling there? Surely...
  10. mkv_martinez

Tried to Outrun Po-Po

I'm the first person to jump on the "cops are too aggressive and have been militarized" bandwagon, but I have to agree here. I've heard of a few areas near me with 'no chase' polices and I kinda wondered.. so if I get caught doing something I just drive away and as long as no one IDs me I'm good??
  11. mkv_martinez

Tried to Outrun Po-Po

Yeah that part is definitely true; once they have a copter on you the chances of getting away just got destroyed. I would probably bet there is a 98% chance you are toast once they have air support with a visual. Theres always this gem of the Hellcat nearly outrunning a chopper. This...
  12. mkv_martinez

Tried to Outrun Po-Po

Meh, lots of ways to get around that. Thankfully I grew up a bit sheltered, but i've been around enough people to know you either steal the car, steal someone elses plates and put them on your car, or just have no plates at all when you are doing stuff like this. These videos are not typical...
  13. mkv_martinez

Tried to Outrun Po-Po

Yeah not sure what the top speed on that mustang is, but I'd guess he only has about 15-20mph advantage at the top end max and a decent edge on acceleration. Regardless, kinda hard to outrun someone chasing you at 150mph as well; especially with a RWD car. I guess as our friend here found out...
  14. mkv_martinez

Tried to Outrun Po-Po

Yeah, we should have a thread with clips like this. Here (watch to the end) is a personal favorite of someone who was either driving a stolen car or clearly has no idea how cars actually react when driving at high speeds on curvy/bumpy roads & taking sharp turns.
  15. mkv_martinez

Tried to Outrun Po-Po

Crazy to see these stories. I am from an area where there are lots of stolen cars, drugs and other issues of the sort; so seeing people run from cops is at-least a tad more understandable. But this story here says "It's not clear why the driver fled the scene instead of pulling over. You can...