GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Recent content by MrGolf112

1. M

Error Messages When Starting Vehicle

Thanks so much no I have nothing plugged into the ports. I will get the battery tested to see if it's working as it should the car is only 3 years old so it should be replaced under warranty if that's the cause. Cheers
  2. M

These are the exactly the same errors which pop up but not on every start. I will still get the battery checked just in case but looks like it's software related can't say I am surprised.
  3. M

I have managed to get screenshots of the errors which appear when I start the car. I will get the battery looked at thanks for the advice wasn't sure if was software related due to the relentless issues with software problems on the MK8.
  4. M

Hi When starting up my car sometimes every error message under the sun pops up bogging away on the dash and then leaves a little yellow warning exclamation mark on at the side of the dashboard. It's really annoying sometimes will start up fine no errors but most of the time it will be just...
  5. M

Infotainment Hardware and Software Updates

How do you know what the latest software update is? Do VW release a list with all software numbers or is it just your dealer tells you a software update is available when you book it in for a service/Mot etc..
  6. M

Volume / heater button illumination?

Why does the volume / heater not have a backlight on it? Why would VW make a car and send it to market without a this having a backlight on it so drivers can adjust the volume / temperature when it's dark very odd to miss something so obvious. Do we know if this will ever be fixed or are we...
  7. M

Rear door leaking

Finally had mine fixed yesterday. I have put a complaint into VW UK about the build quality of the Mk8 as this shouldn't be happening on my vehicle which is 2 years old. They replied saying it's due to the "age" it's obviously a design flaw which has not been addressed after this issues plagued...
  8. M

Infotaintment failure reset everyday 1 time

Yea same https://www.golfmk8.com/forums/index.php?threads/infotainment-system-restarting-randomly.418721/
  9. M

Rear door leaking

Just booked mine in to be looked at. No doubt it will get fixed and then break again
  10. M

Rear door leaking

I am also having this issue. Really disappointed as I thought VW would have fixed this issue due to all the complaints they would have had with the MK7. The car is still under warranty can't believe they have failed so quickly.
  11. M

Infotainment System Restarting Randomly

Thanks for the replies guess it's not just me then. Looks like we will have to wait for another update to fix this issue. VW might finally sort the issues out when the mk9 comes out 🙄 Never seen such a mess feels like we going around in circles update comes out fixes one issue the a new one...
  12. M

Infotainment System Restarting Randomly

Hi Has anyone recently experienced the infotainment system restarting itself when starting the car. It usually happens a few minutes after turning on the ignition. It's intermittent some days it will work just fine. Just wondering if anyone else is having this problem? Thanks
  13. M

Android Auto Wireless Help!

Thanks I have checked this on my phone and it's turned on.
  14. M

Android Auto Wireless Help!

I wonder if anyone can help me? I have recently received the software update 91CU to my car so it's now at software version: 1899 Is it possible android auto will now work wirelessly with this update. I have tried this with my phone but I just can't get it to work without plugging the cable in...
  15. M

Infotainment Hardware and Software Updates

Glad it's not just me this happend too. Yea same dealer apologised as I will have to take it in again whenever this updated appears again god knows when that will be really frustrating. They gave me courtesy car as it was supposed to be in for 2 days it's really embarrassing. Shame was looking...