GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Recent content by oakserver

1. O

Gear number in display?

No, it's not possible to see when you are in D as Pinocchio says. Just 'D' is displayed.
  2. O

Web connectivity / we connect connection lost

The latest issue I’ve found is that every couple of weeks or so the car loses its ability to show traffic on the maps or provide any information to the we connect app. It’s like the mobile data connection is down. The world globe goes dim when this happens. It takes a week or two to restore the...
  3. O

Breaking in coast?

Hi, if you take your foot of the accelerator and you are coming up to a roundabout or junction or speed lower speed limit, or if you are gaining proximity to a car in front the regenerative braking kicks in. Basically the resistance recharges the 48v battery and allows the car to coast and...
  4. O

Trouble with travel assist

@nice_fish I've had my car nearly a year now and exactly the same problem. I dont think it is to do with the heat, it happens to me even when its zero degrees here in the UK in winter. I find I can usually milk a ding and a travel assist warning by squeezing the bottom of the steering wheel a...
  5. O

Static noise

Hi, yes I've heard that before but I tend to ignore it after a while. I woundnt say it happens at the time of opening the doors for me, but it happens once I get in and the centre screen is firing up with the welcome message. To me it sounds like the momentary buzz/hum of an old fashioned...
  6. O

I've recently had the 1668 update, but not a new steering wheel. The problem is slightly better, but not fully fixed. Regular dings - Traffic Assist / SOS unavailable.
  7. O

@GAN Looks like the resolution is in sight for you now! Fingers crossed. Do you know why they need a new harness has that had a redesign?
  8. O

Alexa

aitcheff is correct. The built in Sim only seems to have a limited use. I have found that the included Sim will allow for software updates, updated satnav maps, searching POI's on the maps and traffic. It won't work with Alexa unfortunately so will need to ether connected your car to your mobile...
  9. O

Golf 8 Manual pdf edition..

Excellent, very useful. thanks for posting that!
  10. O

The travel assist warning seems to be worse in the cold mornings, and I've noticed when it is behaving badly I am actually able to trigger the warning by squeezing with both hands gently on the bottom (flat) part of the steering wheel. This triggers a chime and a warning and if you keep...
  11. O

Cannnot Send Destination via We Connect app.

The route guidance to destination just seems to route you (on your mobile) to wherever you have dropped a pin. If you press down on the map you can drop a pin - that seems to becomes your destination. Then when you click route guidance to destination the app just routes you there using Apple...
  12. O

@Gazinet The only option on the We Connect app I can find is 'Route Guidance to vehicle' which is intended only to give you guidance on the app to where your car is parked. For the vehicles that do have the option enabled I believe it says something like 'Send destination to vehicle'. The app...
  13. O

Unfortunately you cant on some car variants. I have a Golf 8 Style Registered June 20 in the UK. I have also found remote lock and unlock unavailable. When I raised this with VW, their response to this was: "We regret that you seem to encounter some issues with VolkswagensWe Connect Remote...
  14. O

Same problem with me, see my previous posts. Waiting for a new 5F control unit, not sure that will be the answer though. I have found out myself that if you squeeze the steering wheel at the bottom quite firmly on both sides (the flat part) I can trigger a 'travel assist unavailable' and also a...
  15. O

Virtual Cockpit Navigation

Yes, view button on the steering wheel does it for me. Discover Pro sat nav is required for this, but I believe up until very recently Satnav Pro was standard equipment..