GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Recent content by OLD MEN RULE

1. OLD MEN RULE

Timing/Cam Belt Replacement

SOL when out of warranty.
  2. OLD MEN RULE

If I had a Toyota…

Mature driver, if toyota is what U want go for it. I understand they are no longer as reliable as they once were. For me I'll keep my MK7.5 and be happy.
  3. OLD MEN RULE

This forum is slow to open (VW must be involved).

It's doing fine this AM. So far.
  4. OLD MEN RULE

Do we not have mk8 classifieds or technical sections?

There are far less MK8 GTI on the road than MK 7-7.5 we need to give it some more time.
  5. OLD MEN RULE

You have that correct on the god thing. (y)

You have that correct on the god thing. (y)
  6. OLD MEN RULE

1k oil change?

I did my first oil change at <1K miles. I did it myself and very easy also oil filter and checked for metal flakes. IMHO I'd NEVER go 10K miles on an oil change.
  7. OLD MEN RULE

Mk8 Orders

Looks amazing and a GTE, too bad we across the pond don't have the E-golf/GTE.
  8. OLD MEN RULE

No mk9 Golf?

VW has lost it's way long ago but I hoped things would turn around. I have a 2019 GTI S and plan to keep it until the factory warranty is gone. Next car will not be a VW or any of the Volkswagen family of fine autos.
  9. OLD MEN RULE

Poor build quality

SO glad that I own a 2019 GTI from what I read the MK7.5 is the high point for the GTI. And plan on keeping it for a long time.
  10. OLD MEN RULE

Golf R MK8 and price insanity... Share you experience and opinions

Looks like the auto industry has gone insane. The new business plan sell less cars and make more money. As we all know this is not just the VW family of fine autos but all of them.
  11. OLD MEN RULE

Golf still the best selling car in Europe in 2021

And, now VW has decided not to sell the MK8 Golf in the USA. Good that the GTI and R are still with us for now.
  12. OLD MEN RULE

Caught your advert for the GOLF R, if it had a DSG I'd be all over your car. Good luck with the...

Caught your advert for the GOLF R, if it had a DSG I'd be all over your car. Good luck with the sale.
  13. OLD MEN RULE

To DSG or not to DSG…?

NO they don't and that is why I like driving my GTI DSG. Thought I'd always drive a manual but injury and age caught up with me.