GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Recent content by PerceivedShift

1. PerceivedShift

The COVID19 SCAMdemic... WW3 Is 2 Days Away - Another Distraction From This Administration's Epic Fails

Its just another way the feds are pumping money into woke universities who will then turn around and increase tuition rates even further like they have been for decades. Also, dead brained Biden is going against the supreme court ruling....again. Can we stop pumping money into this already...
  2. PerceivedShift

Mideast Thread Where AbSolUteLY nO Effort Is Put Into Thread Titles

Israel made the mistake of being too "soft" and cautious in Gaza, should have just gone in guns blazing and got the job done within a month. The brutality of what I saw Hamas AND Gazans do on Oct 7th was pure evil, every American shouting "From the river to the sea" (They likely don't even know...
  3. PerceivedShift

Any Electricians in the house?

Few questions first, which button is start and which is stop? One is NO the other is NC. Also, are the top contacts on the relays NO and the bottom NC? 90% sure I've figured this out in my head but need to be sure of the layout first.
  4. PerceivedShift

HVAC companies are becoming near scammers rant

I'm all for paying techs well, but their whole unwillingness to give me an itemized quote just screams "we are hiding our bill of materials and labor costs because we are ripping you off". We need more people to enter the skilled labor force and bring more competition, unfortunately most kids...
  5. PerceivedShift

Or be the company I had quote to fix my system...$4000 to replace a bottom of the barrel coil is insane to me. They probably get the coil from their supplier for $600 and the job could be done in 3hrs or less. R410a is expensive, I get it, their cost would be $150 to top it off. Also, I...
  6. PerceivedShift

Just like bad car techs looking to rip people off. My GF had her 2009 Escape in for service and they "found" $4000 of work to fix several oil leaks. Declined the service and looked at her engine...a few small weeps around some gaskets and seals but that's it. Nothing to worry about to cause...
  7. PerceivedShift

120k on a deck...pool...and guest house? Two quotes so far, honestly just tired having them out my house just to quote me insane prices. Probably go DIY Ooof really? The same company ripped into Trane and said they switched to Goodman. I guess installing junk gets more service calls, thus $$$$.
  8. PerceivedShift

My air-handler has been giving me issues for years, cheapo unit with a leaky coil. So, option #1 was to just replace the coil to get more life out of the existing system. Quote just to replace the coil: $3500 - $4500. Ok, ouch. Still waiting to hear back from them for a new Goodman system...
  9. PerceivedShift

The COVID19 SCAMdemic... WW3 Is 2 Days Away - Another Distraction From This Administration's Epic Fails

Jan 1st 2021 an SUV full of illegals (at least 6 passengers in this little SUV) ran a red light nearly hitting me but hit my friend in front of me. Their truck did a full 360 and shook them up really bad. Illegal driver of the SUV had no license, insurance...etc of course. As the illegals...
  10. PerceivedShift

Tesla Manipulating Range?

Deaths from heat and cold are lower now than ever in human history. Also, most climate related deaths are from colder temperatures, not heat. CO2 is a greenhouse gas, but its effect is peanut crumbs compared to water. In fact, there is no hard evidence outside of a lab that CO2 plays any...
  11. PerceivedShift

Haha very funny, I know plenty about flat earth crap, in fact im in a heated debate with a flat earther acquaintance on facebook at the moment throwing facts and logic at him. The thing about flat earthers, is that they basically know nothing about the planet itself and the science behind it...
  12. PerceivedShift

If you think switching to EVs will make any any difference in climate, especially just in the US, you’re just not well informed.
  13. PerceivedShift

The advertised range is under perfect conditions, at the perfect speed, maybe with a tail wind? EVs don't carry as much raw energy with them and depend on their efficiency of using that energy, so temperature, wind, weight, cabin heating and cooling all have a much greater effect on range than...