GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Recent content by PRND[S]

1. PRND[S]

Trailer for the BBC Top Gear series

I only caught the most recent episode of Extra Gear. I had read that Extra Gear was much better than the new Top Gear itself, and to skip the latter and only watch the former. I don't know if the episode I saw was an outlier, but I thought it blew. I assume that was because Chris Harris wasn't...
  2. PRND[S]

Windows 10 Browser

Chrome used to be a bad memory hog, though it has gotten better. Memory leaks are bad but completely different from using lots of memory by design (like Edge and Chrome do). Instead of using Windows 8.1, upgrade to Windows 10 (it is still free). It is less demanding on resources. Also, with...
  3. PRND[S]

Paypal Question

One other thing I do whenever possible is to use virtual account numbers. The numbers can be limited to an amount I specify, and are valid for a single transaction. If the information is stolen it is no big deal, plus the card issuer can tell exactly where it was stolen (the first merchant who...
  4. PRND[S]

Paypal Question

All banks and credit card issuers collect that information when you open an account, it is required by law. Paypal is a major player in online payment processing, and I have faith in them safeguarding the information. If you want to be able to pay online without providing that information...
  5. PRND[S]

Personally I think it adds to the show to have a human side. Now, if the guy throws up in every episode, the critics might have a point...
  6. PRND[S]

^ I like the way you think!
  7. PRND[S]

I don't know the full story of the puking incident, but bear in mind that he was riding shotgun with Sabine Schmitz -- she can probably make most people puke if she drives a fast car fast! :p
  8. PRND[S]

bTWcEjj0w3s I can live with this. I will miss the previous cast tremendously, but it looks like the series reboot will still be entertaining -- much more so than Top Gear USA.
  9. PRND[S]

What is your occupation?

We're a bunch of nerds... :p
  10. PRND[S]

What is your occupation?

Principal Software Engineer for a security software company.
  11. PRND[S]

What is your occupation?

You're finally tackling the engine swap? :D
  12. PRND[S]

Nice to see fuel prices dropping....

Passed this 76 gas station today: 87: $3.99 89: $4.19 91: $4.29
  13. PRND[S]

I filled up yesterday at my regular gas station, paying $2.99 for 91 octane. Today the same station charges $3.19.
  14. PRND[S]

Meanwhile, in California: http://losangeles.cbslocal.com/2016/02/25/gas-prices-expected-to-spike-as-stations-prepare-switch-to-summer-blend/
  15. PRND[S]

VW Trailer Assist

http://www.golfmk7.com/forums/showthread.php?t=15899