GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Recent content by rayaans

1. R

Travel assist and emergency assist errors

So ours is a 23 plate and not sure its a steering wheel issue. Its just done it the first time today where I turned the car on and it said "steering wheel heating error" and then one by one travel assist error, maneuvering brake error, ACC error. Drove it home and turned it off, wouldnt lock...
  2. R

Mk8 Orders

Glad it worked out for you! Makes it much easier to drive
  3. R

Mk8 Orders

Yep turn it off it'll stop changing the speed all the time and will remain on what you set it to If you want to stop the car from slowing down near roundabouts and junctions or bends turn off road layout preview
  4. R

Mk8 Orders

Pretty straightforward actually. Press the Assist button in the centre console and go to the ACC settings. Turn off the speed limit recognition / predictive cruise control settings.
  5. R

Mk8 Orders

They have been sending this letter out since April 2023. I got the same one and was expecting a 1 month delay at Emden. The car decided to come over in less than 2 weeks. I think its just a generic letter "just in case" On a side note - have done about 700 miles in ours. The 1.5eTSI is...
  6. R

Mk8 Orders

Why are you concerned? It'll either continue in which case youll get the updated car. Or they'll discontinue it and give you the option of a refund of deposit or a GTI
  7. R

Mk8 Orders

Very happy indeed. It drives very well and the tech works quite well too. No problems with the haptic steering wheel and got used to the infotainment too. Of course the predictive acc is rubbish because it picks up road signs and sometimes gets them wrong i.e. brakes from 70 to 60 etc. I've...
  8. R

Mk8 Orders

Forgot to post a pic Ours was at the port for 3 weeks before being shipped
  9. R

Mk8 Orders

We finally picked ours up this week after 18 months! Drives very well but there were a few issues with the prep. Screen was covered in fingerprints already and some of the protective pieces of white plastic hadnt been removed. TBH I didnt mind this too much but what I find inexcusible is that...
  10. R

Mk8 Orders

Leave the keyless on and just get Ghost fitted. No point having keyless if it's not being used. I'd put a good ceramic coating on the piano black
  11. R

VW financial services

What happens if you havent collected the car yet? Collection date is more than 14 days after activation of the finance
  12. R

Mk8 Orders

Unlikely to increase the emissions that much. Its barely any weight really It seems to suggest about 18 months which is similar to ours
  13. R

Mk8 Orders

6 months delivery is extremely optimistic. Ours is similar spec. 1.5eTSI dsg R-line in white with sunroof, keyless, winter pack, reverse cam, spare wheel and side assist/folding mirrors We got told 7 months. It only arrived in the country after 18 months so I'd be prepared to wait that long...
  14. R

VW financial services

Just to update you, I contacted VWFS and they can't find any record of a a financial agreement. So I contacted the dealer and they've not activated the agreement yet and said the 14 days starts after activation
  15. R

Mk8 Orders

5-10 working days