GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Recent content by RennWerks

1. RennWerks

Comprehensive Golf MK8 Reviews & Discussions

We can hardly have a semi-complete collection of Mk8 R reviews, particularly British reviews, without one featuring Henry Catchpole. The man's name alone is classic and worth repeating several times before watching his take on the R: Here 'tis: NEW Volkswagen Golf R: Road Review | Carfection...
  2. RennWerks

Car and Driver, May 13: Tested: 2022 Volkswagen Golf GTI Still Defines The Hot Hatch (caranddriver.com)
  3. RennWerks

OK, I'm obsessed with the Clubsport, which we in the U.S. will never see apparently. More's the pity. New VW Golf GTI Clubsport 8, better than Golf R? 300hp Volkswagen Hot Hatch | 4K - YouTube
  4. RennWerks

Here are two videos recorded by Sophia Calata. They are both in German with English subtitles. The first one, regarding the Clubsport, is noteworthy because Ms. Calata can be seen standing in the rain for a least half of her comments. She gets points for that alone. Also, as someone...
  5. RennWerks

For those (Europeans, Brits, Irish) lucky enough to be able to purchase one: Volkswagen Golf GTI Clubsport review | Can a hot hatch be too good? - YouTube (Fast forward to minute 12 for superb insight regarding the handling and feel of this unique car.)
  6. RennWerks

One of three VW AG videos regarding the features of the R narrated by Benny Leuchter & VW's R Development Engineer: Tech Tuesday: Golf R Performance Features | Volkswagen R - YouTube (with embedded links to English subtitles).
  7. RennWerks

TopGear: Volkswagen Golf R Review | Top Gear
  8. RennWerks

Videos and info of the GTI.

Autogefuehl's review of the Clubsport: The sportiest GTI ! Volkswagen Golf 8 GTI Clubsport review - YouTube
  9. RennWerks

Thanks for the link, Carlos. Harry Catchpole -- Is that great name for a Brit, or what? -- always has great insight and comments. And, FWIW, I agree with his statements (at 1:15) that the lower front fascia on the Clubsport is, hands down, the best looking of the series (Golf, GTI and R). It...
  10. RennWerks

How do you feel about subtitles? This video's been around for a while. Nine minutes of a Carbon Grey Clubsport:
  11. RennWerks

Clubsport videos: 2021 VW Golf GTI Clubsport MK8 - walkaround and exhaust sound with pops and bangs! [4K] - YouTube 2020 Golf GTI Clubsport Mk 8 - Full walk around and first impression review - YouTube
  12. RennWerks

Autogefuehl review of the R: 2021 Golf R REVIEW - the Volkswagen Golf 8 R is sportier than ever! - YouTube
  13. RennWerks

I know it's bad form to provide a link to the (ahem) "other board," but I can't find another electronic link to Georg Kacher's review of the Mk.8 R in CAR magazine despite the fact it's been available for week now. Kacher's a well-regarded German source. So, here 'tis (page down to post #283)...
  14. RennWerks

How's your German? VW Golf 8 GTI Clubsport (2020): Test - Fahrbericht - Motor - Info - YouTube (If you don't speak German, you may wish simply to fast forward to 7:28 and watch as the moderator points out the appearance enhancements of the Mk8 Clubsport. ) Alas, it's doubtful that Volkswagen...
  15. RennWerks

And yet another: My FIRST DRIVE in the 2020 MK8 VW Golf GTI! - YouTube