GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Recent content by Tony oddjob

1. T

Mobile Phone Won't Connect

H I've had my golf 8 etsi for 6 months now, great car but I have exactly the same issues with the phone not connecting. Hopefully VW will provide a fix soon.
  2. T

Any idea what's supposed to go here?

Seat heating can be set to come on automatically when temperature is below 12 degrees. Steering wheel heating as well.
  3. T

Volume and temperature sliders not backlit.

Display the climate screen, then click on settings and you will see options to turn on seats and steering wheel heating. Obviously a well kept secret!
  4. T

Volume and temperature sliders not backlit.

Had my Golf style etsi 8 months now and love it, but only found out this week that I can make the heated seats and steering wheel come on automatically when the temperature is below 12 degrees. So much easier than turning them on every morning.
  5. T

Mk8 Orders

Hi there, I ordered a etsi style back in April, cancelled the order as delivery was going into 2022, bought a late 2020 model instead, very pleased with it.
  6. T

91BU recall.

Thanks for the info, shame it doesn't fix the phone issue. Do you know if there is anything coming to fix that, as that is the only problem I have with my car.
  7. T

91BU recall.

Hi everybody, got my car booked in next month for the 91BU software update. Has anyone had it done yet ? Does it cure the problem with the phone not connecting? Is it a worthwhile update? Thanks for any info.
  8. T

Dash rattle

I too have a slight rattle when the car is cold and on a rough road surface, if anyone finds out what it is I'd be grateful for information.
  9. T

Golf eTSI

I stand corrected, thanks for the diagram.
  10. T

Golf eTSI

The 48 volt battery is under the back seat and is much much bigger than the box you're talking about.
  11. T

Golf eTSI

Firstly, it's not a battery, it's a box of electronics, and it has certainly never got in my way. I've had the etsi model for a couple of months now and it is a fantastic car, best I've ever owned, it seems to pre empt my every decision and carries it out very smoothly. Brilliant car, don't be...
  12. T

Mk8 Orders

Hi, I too ordered a etsi style in April, for delivery on Sept 1st, latest news was I probably wouldn't get it until next year! Cancelled the order and bought an October 2020 used one instead, good spec and only 4k miles, cost me 25 grand though, no discount at all. Fabulous car !
  13. T

Mobile Phone Connection Issue

I have a late 2020 golf8 style and my phone doesn't always connect, unless I open the door and then it connects immediately. Not bothered to complain as judging by comments above, it would be futile. On the whole I think the car is absolutely fabulous.