GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Recent content by tpellegr

1. tpellegr

Found my GTI replacement, introducing my 997.2 C2

Looking good! Congrats. Look forward to hearing your driving impressions (and maybe some video) soon!!
  2. tpellegr

Search for RWD Track/Weekend Car (70k Budget)

Good for you for getting in some late season laps. I am jealous. How'd the car do out there? BMWCCA is hosting an autocross that I may try to attend (pending finalization of new car's registration and available space for the event).
  3. tpellegr

What hobbies do you have

Those viking coins are pretty cool looking. I used to love the idea of treasure hunting when I was a kid!
  4. tpellegr

What hobbies do you have

Guitar and Sailing
  5. tpellegr

Thanks, guys. Will have to check out Kinzie! It was feeling cold up in Boston today as well. Bummer the season was cut short for me, but SCDA is letting me put my entry fee for next Mondays event toward a three day pass for next year so should be able to hit the ground running in 2021.
  6. tpellegr

Just a night. Wish I had more time. Would have been cool to get a group together for a lapping day at a local track! Any restaurant recommendations for river north?
  7. tpellegr

Wow, looks like a lot of fun!! Thanks for posting. When/where's the first track day? The Q7 as a tow vehicle is a sweet setup. Someday when I have the extra space, I would love to have a trailer setup. Right now it is a pipe dream. I'm narrowing in on my purchase though. Found a clean ND1 with...
  8. tpellegr

Yeah (RE: clam), thus no wheel to wheel racing. Just a risk you have to be willing to accept with these cars. Post some pics of the z once you close the deal. Sounds like it will be a lot of fun!
  9. tpellegr

Been on there quite a bit. Trying to convince myself to wait until it gets warmer here since I can't drive it right now anyway, but may be worth jumping on. There have also been quite a few well sorted Exiges on BaT and WireWheel that have been very tempting. Edit: Also hoping to throw my...
  10. tpellegr

Great idea with the tag-along trailer. Definitely leaning toward the supercharged Exige. Will keep you all updated on the search!
  11. tpellegr

Thanks for this post. Lots of good information here. At this point I'm not planning to do any wheel to wheel racing. Simply looking for a fun weekend car/track toy that I can drive to and from the track for ~10-12 HPDE a year. If I we're going wheel to wheel, would almost certainly go for a spec...
  12. tpellegr

Super helpful, thank you. Will likely reach out as I move forward with the search. Much appreciated!
  13. tpellegr

Thanks for the guidance. Still doing my homework on Porsche model years, will search for something in the 09-12 range if I decide to go that route. Any know issues or track considerations for the 987.2s? Yeah the Lotus' are super fragile cars (they also recommend you upgrade the rear toe-links...
  14. tpellegr

Thanks, that is the direction I am headed. Right now its a toss up between E36 M3, 2008-09 Cayman S, Miata, and a Lotus Elise/Exige.
  15. tpellegr

Please tell us you are going Cayman. GTS 4.0??