GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Recent content by tzd

1. T

Golf Mk6 2.5L 2-door

Golf Mk6 2.5L 2-door
  2. T

2020 GTI mk8

Jalopnik has pics https://jalopnik.com/the-2020-volkswagen-golf-mk8-this-is-all-of-it-1833156851 Looks to be slowly morphing into Honda Fit/Nissan Leaf territory :(
  3. T

Thinking of replacing the Jetta.......

What you're asking for will bust 50k. Since SQ5 is already in, let me add CLA45 AMG.
  4. T

Budget of ~$35,000 for a DD. What to buy?

Doh! I got duped into this thread. Anyway nice car! I like that Red! My wife just got the 2013 A5 too. But frankly having driven both, I still prefer my Golf.
  5. T

Budget of ~$35,000 for a DD. What to buy?

How important is form factor to you? From the options you have listed, I think you don't really care much about space or number of doors. In that case, why don't you consider the BR-Z or FR-S (if you can get your hands on one)?
  6. T

Is wheel & tire protection plan worth it?

I'm asking in Off-Topic because it's not for my car (Golf 2.5) but my wife's new Audi A5 with 18" wheels. The dealer offered 5 years wheel & tire protection plan for $1,200. Rim scuffs will be buffed out (not replaced) but if the rim gets dented from going in potholes, the whole rim will be...
  7. T

Least favorite car

Ford Focus. I've driven both the current model and the model before that as rentals. The car is uncomfortable and twitchy and visibility is not very good. Also the interior is ugly with the vertical vents, like it's trying to look like the Decepticon logo. The current model has that flat...
  8. T

2013 Subaru xv-crosstrek

It's basically the new Impreza equivalent of the Outback Sport.
  9. T

Focus ST First Drive (Taking Stabs at the GTI)

I've driven a rental Ford Focus and there is really nothing nice about it. I'll say the Chevy Cruze is better than the Focus.
  10. T

2011 VW CC 3.6L 4motion executive

Interestingly, the 2.0T comes with DSG, but the 3.6 VR6 4Motion comes with a standard automatic.
  11. T

The new EOS

I just saw this video and I think this is the coolest folding hard top I've ever seen: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IA4Bxw4XU9s It's really smart how the sunroof becomes part of the folding mechanism. And don't you think the EOS looks more masculine now with the new front end?
  12. T

Anyone else have issues running Golfmk6.com on Google Chrome?

Don't have to reinstall just clear and reset all your browsing cache and history. And make sure it is auto-updated to the most current version in the 'About' box.
  13. T

From Chicago to Los Angeles

It will probably come off if you take another piece of tape and stick/lift on the residue. Or if all else fails a clay bar will probably do the trick.
  14. T

From Chicago to Los Angeles

You drove all the way to LA and immediately back to Chicago?
  15. T

Ugly Cars

I do not like all the BMW SUVs... X3,5,6... in particular I do not like their rear view - how the exhausts stick out through the bumper and even points downwards on some older models, I think is really ugly.